The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

General 6764 bep .70 results

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

import solutions

Proven Member
Apr 27, 2013
colimA, Texas
Hi everybody
Was wondering if someone is actually running this configuration on a hx40 and how is going , remember dave Ruby and Cody was but didnt found to much info .

Boost pressure about ratio on 3 -4 Pr

If turbo lab, 67 holset turbos flow advertize in their specs , achieved?

I plan to put on an he351cw soon, and have contemplated building another on the side that has the upgraded turbine and compressor.

They say it's a killer combo, but I don't know of anyone running one personally.

The he351 is just an hy35 with an hx40 compressor wheel. You could look at people running a hx40/35 for "similar" results. At the end, you'd be limited by the small turbine and 9cm housing.

I can't say I've ever seen anyone truely max out an upgraded turbolab hx40, on this platform or others. I'd take what they say with a grain of salt. Dave's car saw very little performance gain from the standard hx40 and a 67mm hx40.

Last edited:
I knew a guy with a awd swapped avenger who ran that exact set up. As i recall on whalenspeed's dyno it made 788whp at 47psi. This was on a well prepped race motor 10:1 on E. I think the .70 housing was choking it up. I run the 6264 holset in a .82AR housing. I see 30psi+ by 5,000 rpm and logging well over 50lb/min at only 30psi.

I don't see 50+ lbs/min until around 7800-8000.

i see 44lb/min right as boost hits and by 8,000rpm at 30psi im around 55-58lb/min depending on the day. This is with a 10:1 motor with a head games race head. Once i have a dog box so i'm not worried to turn it up more i am confident this turbo will do 70lb/min+ in the low 40's for boost.

Well if My calculatoons are right i should be
Moving 78lbs/min /8500 rpms @40 psig but need to have a ve of 100 so if it drops it will drop that air flow results , i run on methanol fuel so with My setup being auto , im aiming around 650 ish through auto . And this depends to other factors like tc slippage etc etc

It runs close to what they advertise. I don't know anyone who pushed as much boost as I have with the hx40 49.8 psi which gained me nothing on my setup 47 psi was my limit with gains. The 60mm version is plenty unless your looking for a few extra lbs up top in a trade off for spool up. I've ran the .70, .82 and a custom t4 twin scroll 1.15 which I had the best luck with. I seen zero gains from the. 70 vs the .82 accept the quality of material between the 2. Going to the 1.15 my powerband came in way faster but I have to contribute that to the twin scroll. On the .70 setup 44.8 psi was where the car stopped making power. Once I switched to the magnus manifold from the e3 and s3 cams from k272s the car picked up over 100whp. I switched to a series 2 aem so I can't speak on lbs/min on my most recent setup. Here is my dyno graph just to show how to the powerband looked after matching the cams and intake manifold to reap the benefits of the 67mm compressor potential. It was good enough to run 9.26 in the 1/4 @147 (auto) with a ok 60ft and 3k lbs car which I know Ruby's race car is the only one who has gone quicker and faster. I just wanted to post real results to avoid any confusion in the thread. Hope it helps answer your question.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back