The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

660s with 14b

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yhype

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 3, 2002
Thurmont, Maryland
Will i be able to use 660's with my stock 14b....because i am cheap and use 87 octant since i hav access to it cheap...will 660s help my fuel cut problem? If i do get some new bigger injectors i will have a AFC if the only problem is tuning. I placed an order for the new Ramchargers translator, Probaly pull through untill, i get a FMIC later this year, which then i'll prolly go to blow though style. i wil hopefully pull out some other power tricks aw well if i can afford it. So will i be able to use 660s for now or do i need to just get 550s or something else ? :dsm: :thumb:

FIrst off, stop using 87 octane. Many people have successfully used 660's with a 14b until they could upgrade turbos. i wouldnt use the 660's and a 14b for a long period of time,but its fine for now. Bigger injectors are NOT a replacement for higher octane.

Originally posted by yhype
Will i be able to use 660's with my stock 14b....because i am cheap and use 87 octant since i hav access to it cheap...will 660s help my fuel cut problem? If i do get some new bigger injectors i will have a AFC if the only problem is tuning. I placed an order for the new Ramchargers translator, Probaly pull through untill, i get a FMIC later this year, which then i'll prolly go to blow though style. i wil hopefully pull out some other power tricks aw well if i can afford it. So will i be able to use 660s for now or do i need to just get 550s or something else ? :dsm: :thumb:

Don't forget turbo upgrade on your list.

If you arent getting any knock on 87 octane, its because the ECU has pulled out all of your timing. Its a safegaurd to keep the engine from blowing itself up. So basically, your car wont blow up on 87 octane, but you might as well drive a civic because without any timing advance, thats what your DSM will feel like.

IF you are only using AFC, and plan on trying to lean out on race gas at the track, 660s are the largest you can go, and its pushing it. I have seen many a 1g go significantly faster by switching back to 550s. But with the translator, you should be able to buy back plenty of adjustment range in the AFC. You can tune with just hte translator, but I'm not sold on that feature until I try it myself someday. I'll be using the konbs just to calibrate it to my MAS. Bck on track, if you can get away with 660s go for it, in case you get a bigger turbo later. But for what its worth, 450s are all you'll need on race gas, and 550s are all you'll need on pump. And using 87 is just plain ridiculous ;)

yeah unfortunately i do get knock on 87 octane so i do drive it like a civic, nice and slow just so i don't get any knock...but on weekend i think i will be running premium. how far will 550s alow me to go? turbo wise, 16g 20g? thanks

I dont understand...How are you affording all these parts for your car yet you cant afford premium gas? I mean come on, its not THAT expensive. Suck it up, you gotta pay to play man.

i dont think injector size has anythign to do with your fuel cut problem. fuel cut is caused by intake aire read by the MAS. you can use some kind of fuel control or hack the MAS to delay this proces, but bigger injectors are not going to solve this.

Actually larger injectors, along with the required controller (like the AFC he said he is getting) is the number one way of eliminating fuel cut. ;) The better way, but done less often ($) is TMO or DSMlink.

i dont think injector size has anythign to do with your fuel cut problem. fuel cut is caused by intake aire read by the MAS. you can use some kind of fuel control or hack the MAS to delay this proces, but bigger injectors are not going to solve this.

i wasn't complaining about fuel cut i was just wondering i will be able to use the 660s with my stock 14b turbo.

ok. my fault.. i misread the post . I know there are a lot of people that i have talked to in the past that think that "fuel cut" is the lack of fuel. So then they go an upgrade thier fuel pump to see that they are still having issues with fuel cut.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back