The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

6466 results

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BerettaDan

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 19, 2009
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Really debating on picking up a 6466 Gen 2 turbo. Just wanted to see who's running them and what kind of power and times you are putting down. Also on what turbine housing your running. I'm considering a .82 v band thanks in advance.

Then that’s the turbo for you. You can do an .82 open t3 housing. But I would go with a 1.00 or 1.10 A/R divided housing for better spool up.

Also, a Borg Warner s364.5sxe or 366sxe will get you there for less than half the price of a 6466, and will last forever. But the trade off is slightly slower spool

I ran the 6466 in my Galant and it made 800whp on a very UNoptimized setup. Can easily make more on a "balls all out" kinda setup. I ran 0.82/T3 but I wish I had tried T4/0.68a/r instead. It was kinda laggy imho. For 700-800whp I would actually run a 6266 Gen 2 instead. Same hotside as a 6466 but slightly better spool. 6466 is for someone trying 800-900whp. My 2 cents. Those PTE ball bearing turbos will last forever too. I beat mine up for almost 7 years running 40psi+. It's also NOT water cooled so that should speak on it's robustness

I ran the 6466 in my Galant and it made 800whp on a very UNoptimized setup. Can easily make more on a "balls all out" kinda setup. I ran 0.82/T3 but I wish I had tried T4/0.68a/r instead. It was kinda laggy imho. For 700-800whp I would actually run a 6266 Gen 2 instead. Same hotside as a 6466 but slightly better spool. 6466 is for someone trying 800-900whp. My 2 cents. Those PTE ball bearing turbos will last forever too. I beat mine up for almost 7 years running 40psi+. It's also NOT water cooled so that should speak on it's robustness
Was that through the auto or your manual set up? I’m wanting 700whp out of my 2.4 auto set up and have been looking at something similar to the 6466 as I didn’t think the 6266 wouldn’t do it through an auto.

Fwiw, I have a divided t4, 1.0 AR, brand new 6466 that I'm looking to sell.

Had a different 6466 on my Galant, the turbo really wakes up past 30 psi. I wasn't that impressed with it at 25-28 psi, but 32-34 psi it felt like a completely different car. The pulls almost felt "violent". I can only imagine 40 psi + would feel insane.

Yes sir, that would be me
You welded the center diff that was in my car, :) Your shop is literally 5 mins from my house. I think the 6266 with a 2.4 would be a beast on the auto. I would run it with a T4/0.68a/r or bigger TH. FWIW....I do have a T4 turbine housing (0.68a/r) for this turbo I have been trying to get rid of forever. My car is on a completely different setup now.

You welded the center diff that was in my car, :) Your shop is literally 5 mins from my house. I think the 6266 with a 2.4 would be a beast on the auto. I would run it with a T4/0.68a/r or bigger TH. FWIW....I do have a T4 turbine housing (0.68a/r) for this turbo I have been trying to get rid of forever. My car is on a completely different setup now.
Lol, I bought the car from Josh( BIG MISTAKE) and my name is josh

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back