The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G 6266 dyno!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1cleangsx

Proven Member
Sep 28, 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
First of all I just have to thank Steven@biglady112 for his time and knowledge with this car. This day went better than I could’ve hoped for and FAR exceeded my expectations. Final numbers were 701whp on a mustang dyno at altitude:)
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Great numbers Jeremy! I think our cars would be toe to toe!!!!
Stoked for ya! :thumb:
Marty

I think 730-750 is doable. The spark plugs say it could take another degree of timing. It picked up 40whp going from 16* to 17* total timing. Another degree would have been 10-30whp I bet.

And it was out of ignition. It wasn’t far from being out of turbo but, it would not hold any more than 37psi. It would break up at 38psi. With a little more boost and timing like I said, 730-750 is where this guy would end up. Not bad for the old 6266 and stock ignition.

Good job Steven! Mine maxed out at 18* on E. I wish Jeremy's could hold 40lbs. Every lb makes a difference when you start to get up around 35 on my HX40. That thing holds 40 and I wish his would too.
Awesome tune and #'s!
I congratulate BOTH of you!
Marty

The cars getting an oil change in the morning and re fabbed oil drain, I guess my only blunder for the day which Steven pointed out was my wastegate dump tube shooting flames at my oil drain:ohdamn:

If it was about out of turbo, I know a kid that has an 88mm Precision ROFL
Lucky fk. ROFL courtesy The Freedom Factory.

CHERISH IT.
You deserve to!
Have fun, get a smile, disappoint V8s!!!!
You know it's probably a 10 flat or better car man. ENJOY THE SHIT OUT OF IT!

With the tire he currently has it would take a miracle pass to run a ten second pass at altitude. I think the car will run low 11’s to high 10’s in the real high 120’s from what we learned today. Low 11’s is highly likely given we went 10.99@142 with a similar shitty tire with 60hp more.

Good job Steven! Mine maxed out at 18* on E. I wish Jeremy's could hold 40lbs. Every lb makes a difference when you start to get up around 35 on my HX40. That thing holds 40 and I wish his would too.
Awesome tune and #'s!
I congratulate BOTH of you!
Marty
Normally they stop in the 13-15* total timing range from what I see here. Especially at this power level. The plugs said they wanted more, so I gave it to them. He came in 4* too aggressive. I pulled six and added a degree back at a time until it said it was happy.

And he is right on the edge of turbo. Just three weeks ago I had a 6466 on the same Dyno that gave up at 38psi. Verified through back pressure. That same car when it was on dsmlink and the same combination gave up at 41psi. Only major changes are time of year and the car is now on FuelTech at the new 38psi.

No applause needed. After 24 years of doing this I better have my shit figured out behind the keyboard.

Last edited:
I like it!
What is "WCF"?
I'll let others correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it is Weather Correction Factor. They were at very high altitude I assume, given their locations. Which along with temperature, humidity, and other environmental factors will affect the power an engine is able to produce. The WCF is a calculation of what the power numbers would be if the vehicle was in a different environment. SAE defines a "standard day" which was likely used to calculate the WCF number.

"The most common are the SAE standards. The older J607 standard considers that the engine was run on a 60°F day with 0% humidity and a barometric pressure of 29.92 in-Hg or the newer SAE J1349 standard of 77°F (25°C) day with 0% humidity and a barometric pressure of 29.234 in-Hg (99 KPa)."

I'll let others correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it is Weather Correction Factor.
Yeah, "Weather" is the key word here, for me. Altitude is by far the biggest part of the correction factor when you are around Denver, and I don't think of altitude as "weather". But that must be what it is. It's funny because I spent a couple minutes internet searching "what is WCF on a mustang dyno" and all I found was a couple guys guessing at it like we are. I didn't see anybody quote from the Mustang user manual.

No biggie though. The correction factor, whatever it is named, is apparently 701.2 / 580.9 = 1.207
That's just right for Denver altitude where the average atmospheric pressure is only about 12.3 psi versus 14.7 at sea level.

Last edited:
Dyno numbers should be taken with a grain of salt. It is merely a tool for testing and comparing repeatable results. We don’t race the Dyno. So the numbers don’t mean anything. If it can lay two graphs on top of each other back to back with no changes, then it can be used for measurable gains.

Nothing more, nothing less. All that matters is if he is happy with the results and what trap speed the car can produce. The rest is bullshit to pat ourselves on the back.

Last edited:
The weather correction doesn't take into account DRIVETRAIN loss, because a Mustang Dyno, AWD and then altitude isn't just a 18.5% loss.
If this is an auto then tack on anywhere from 3-8% more for converter slippage.

Great numbers, they're most likely higher than 700hp at the crank.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back