The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

6266 Build or Bust

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys. So the current status of project 6266 is a low rpm ignition "flutter" situation. I've got brand new NGK BR8ES plugs with my good'ole NGK blue plug wires. Here's my log from yesterday, after 3 and a half turns out from bottom the Hallman Pro MBC is finally adding boost, 2 additional pounds to be exact totaling 28psi so far which feels GREAT. But nonetheless my ignition issue still persists, I tested the primary on my coil today which was out of spec and I've since ordered a new coil from Mitsubishi Parts Direct which I HOPE will fix the issue, anyways here's the log, thanks for following..

Attachments

• log.2022.08.18-01.elg
    430.2 KB · Views: 44
BC2F9B40-FDF1-4552-AAEF-F61CD2D27F1F.jpeg

Tony, just curious and trying to learn a little more about tuning - Are you saying it needs a little more fuel here because the LC1 got up to 12.8 at around 5,400 rpm? Or for some other reason?

Gary
Yes Gary. I can’t see the WB (since I’m using a different one) so going off the wbfactor I can see it’s a large positive value.

Ok. I haven't been using wbfactor at all so I'll read about it!
It takes the target afr and actual, then provides the difference in percentage. Just another way to look at difference in afr basically.

Hey guys just posting another lame but insanely cool update, the car is currently around 450 miles on the new motor, I fixed the ignition issue on clutch engagement by adding more timing, fixed the fuel/fuse issue by replacing the weaker relay with a 40amp along with a 8gauge in-line 40amp fuse setup.
F3434E32-258B-4DA6-8F10-914ADFA5EB6E.jpeg
The fuse on the left is the one that failed and was replaced with a 30/40amp fuse.
50DDFB8B-D2C8-4FF1-9EC7-E53B9A390D40.jpeg

0504289A-D38A-4B22-BB6A-A0FBFC641AB7.jpeg

Also the video simply displays the car with a muffler, it originally was a 3” straight pipe, but was too loud, and sounded like raspy farts around 3,000rpm, the car sounds soo much better with the muffler..

I couldn’t resist:D

Yeah! Well thanks to your thread asking about this I went about looking at their website to try to figure out what it actually is! And all I've found out so far is that it is over 85% ethanol and the remainder is other stuff but I don't know what yet. If you have that information, maybe it's printed right on the can, I'd appreciate it if you could post it up. I mean "gasoline" just doesn't do it. Because gasoline is a menagerie of probably about a hundred different compounds.

I also read about the E85 that Indycar has been using for the last several years, and all I can find out about that is that it is "a variation of E85, which contains 85% ethanol and 15% high octane racing fuel, which delivers an octane rating of 105" and it sounds like they are talking R+M/2 but they are vague about that. That was written when Sunoco was the E85 supplier to Indycar. Sunoco makes a product called E85-R and there is an SDS for it, so I've seen that.

The octane claim made for One Ethanol R is much higher than what Indycar was using, although I don't know if One Ethanol is talking R+M/2.

Anyway, it's amazing how much interesting stuff I can find to do when I want to avoid actually working on something 🤣

YouTubers have tested it to be e98:D, now my cars not a max effort race car by any means, but I’m a blue collar guy with thousands into this thing and like Jay from Real Street performance says fuel is cheaper than a motor LOL. My plan is to run a 50/50 mix of my local 68% pump ethanol and this wonderful e98. I’ll post updates, last weekend I topped off and this weekend once I hit 40 miles on trip odometer I’m gonna add 2 and half gallons and see what percentage my flex fuel sensor shows. I know as I’m adding this stuff I’ll be adjusting the global a few times, but there’s a rock solid calculation formula on ecmtuning that nails it:thumb:

If money was no object I’d run One Ethanol S, which is an exact 85% mix, but again that would be pretty expensive, my goal here is to achieve as close to 85% as possible, since I’m running a blend I figured I’d run the higher octane for cost effectiveness, again my cars been running since January and I’ve got like 530 miles on this engine, so these pales should last 3-4 months I’m hoping LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back