The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

6262 dyno results

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In my honest opinion no. This thing spools great and on a 2.4 it will be that much better. I honestly think this turbo makes an excellent street car turbo. wouldn't suggest anything different to be honest. I have a 6262 evo in the shop now and a 6266 galant vr4 clone coming in after that and I am sure they will be super happy with the outcome just like slow91.

I think the BB is very much worth the money difference, its not all about spool Precision has a very bad rep when it comes with journal bearing turbos lasting especially on alot of boost.:)

I would think it would make more power at the boost level. Also full boost by 5700-5800 is a little on the laggy side i think. Either way nice #'s

hard to say without a total break down of his setup, i guess even with meth it still holds him back alittle my 66 wheel spooled at about the same and made 674awhp on 29psi on e85. My car is no were near a timing monster it has almost none in it, its just an efficient motor setup.

How much timing are you running at 29psi on e85?

I think the BB is very much worth the money difference, its not all about spool Precision has a very bad rep when it comes with journal bearing turbos lasting especially on alot of boost.:)

hard to say without a total break down of his setup, i guess even with meth it still holds him back alittle my 66 wheel spooled at about the same and made 674awhp on 29psi on e85. My car is no were near a timing monster it has almost none in it, its just an efficient motor setup.

It's kind of wierd you and him share the same compresser wheel yet, your car makes almost 200 whp more then his at 1 pound less boost. You two also share simular displacement engines aswell.

My t-3 s366 made 662 awhp on a Dynojet this past week. Boost was 33 psi and the ET/ trap speed is inline with the race weight. I was warned not to go over 35 psi with my choice in standard ARP headstuds, and a standard cosmetic gasket. It would seem that 35psi+ psi is a normal thing to do now. I tuned my car myself running a 3.75 inch maft pre-turbo. I'm on dsmlink v3 aswell. You made more power then me and I'm running a bigger turbo then you. Your on a stock head, and I'm on a P&P head. Is the t-3 flange that restrictive for slow91 and myself? Is e85, that much better then race gas? Is the 66mm wheel that much better then the 62mm wheel? I'm happy for you and your car, but your car and tune makes me and other like me a bit confused and fustrated. Any insight would be appreciated.

Last edited:
It's kind of wierd you and him share the same compresser wheel yet, your car makes almost 200 whp more then his at 1 pound less boost. You two also share simular displacement engines aswell.

Keep this in mind he is running e85, has 10.5:1 compression, nicer cams, and I'm sure a few other differences as well. I would say the compression and e85 make the largest difference

You beat me to it wvturbo, hes running larger exhaust housing the 66mm wheel, e85, different compression, we had some problems with the wastegate also,it would spike to 37 lbs n fall to 34 lbs. With the boost control solenoid at 95% so I'm gunna get a stiffer spring and a bigger meth jet, or just ditch the meth n run race gas!!! :hellyeah:

My t-3 s366 made 662 awhp on a Dynojet this past week. Boost was 33 psi and the ET/ trap speed is inline with the race weight. I was warned not to go over 35 psi with my choice in standard ARP headstuds, and a standard cosmetic gasket. It would seem that 35psi+ psi is a normal thing to do now. I tuned my car myself running a 3.75 inch maft pre-turbo. I'm on dsmlink v3 aswell. You made more power then me and I'm running a bigger turbo then you. Your on a stock head, and I'm on a P&P head. Is the t-3 flange that restrictive for slow91 and myself? Is e85, that much better then race gas? Is the 66mm wheel that much better then the 62mm wheel? I'm happy for you and your car, but your car and tune makes me and other like me a bit confused and fustrated. Any insight would be appreciated.

Im on a T3 backhousing also the .82, i dont think the 66 wheel makes that big of a change maybe 30hp? E85 is a nice help so is the compression. It is tuned conservatively it has 8* peak timing in it. Car is on AEM not that should make much of a difference i don't think.

Im running an untouched 2g head, i believe the 2g head is a better design overall regardless of "port size" it is similar to the evo design and as you know evos make power pretty easily.

I can't think of another reason really, everything was built around pushing the turbo to the limit nothing was really skimped to much on, im hoping to make 800 when i upgrade the pumps and push 42-45psi.

There are EVO's that are making 700whp on the 6262 with the .82A/R T3 housing. PTE says the 66 wheel over the 62 wheel (non CEA turbine 62mm compared to the 66mm CEA turbine wheel) is good for 30 to 40whp. Also, the high compression/e85 is worth a lot more then people would think.

Once he changes a few things up it will make more power, but it's never gonna be one of these record breaking 6262.
I'm wondering how much stock tb is hurting?

Im on a T3 backhousing also the .82, i dont think the 66 wheel makes that big of a change maybe 30hp? E85 is a nice help so is the compression. It is tuned conservatively it has 8* peak timing in it. Car is on AEM not that should make much of a difference i don't think.

Im running an untouched 2g head, i believe the 2g head is a better design overall regardless of "port size" it is similar to the evo design and as you know evos make power pretty easily.

I can't think of another reason really, everything was built around pushing the turbo to the limit nothing was really skimped to much on, im hoping to make 800 when i upgrade the pumps and push 42-45psi.

8* is pretty low. I'm wondering if there is any fact's on which head is actually better between the 1g or 2g heads? I don't believe AEM is the difference either. I'm not one to compare dyno numbers, but dynojets are the most consitant between each other. I will have to try E-85. I choose low compression for my own reason with this motor. 40+ psi is a lot of boost for that compression ratio.

Kurt Brown, Kiggly Run 2g heads. There is no reason why i can't run 45psi if i would like with my compression ratio.

Once he changes a few things up it will make more power, but it's never gonna be one of these record breaking 6262.
I'm wondering how much stock tb is hurting?

Indeed on the stock tb!!!

N/T TB is a nice little cheap upgrade i have one for sale too ;)

9:1 I'm probably gunna switch to a q45!! I think the car would've made 600 if it wasn't for the wastegate, the car is a blast to drive, I'll post up some pics of the car n engine bay this afternoon

h11 Flatout head gasket.

Went to track this evening, just a 1/8 mile track n ran a 7.7@95 best on shitty street tires n crappy 1.9 60 ft, didn't wanna break anything!!! But I made several passes n just bout all them was at the 100mph mark, one pass I ran a 8.4@102 ROFL!!! Yea I know sad but it was the first time out with the car, gotta change my shifter cables, was hard to get into 2nd on a couple of passes. But overall not shabby buy I'm sure the times will get better!!! I'm confident it'll run in the 6s!!! :)

Last edited:
Went to track this evening, just a 1/8 mile track n ran a 7.7@95 best on shitty street tires n crappy 1.9 60 ft, didn't wanna break anything!!! But I made several passes n just bout all them was at the 100mph mark, one pass I ran a 8.4@102 ROFL!!! Yea I know sad but it was the first time out with the car, gotta change my shifter cables, was hard to get into 2nd on a couple of passes. But overall not shabby buy I'm sure the times will get better!!! I'm confident it'll run in the 6s!!! :)
Congrats !!!!!!!! My car did 114 in the 1/8 with the new setup. It was only able to do it once and was booted out for not having a cage. 102 could be a high 6 to low 7s 1/8 mile. Get more seat time and maybe a dual stage boost controller.

I've already got a boost control solenoid n it's at 95% duty cycle, I need a stiffer spring for the wastegate

Last edited by a moderator:
nice, just get better tires with my hoslet i went 6.9@102 on 27 psi with a 1.61 60ft, was this with the boost all the way up?

nice, just get better tires with my hoslet i went 6.9@102 on 27 psi with a 1.61 60ft, was this with the boost all the way up?

He had the boost up. Going sissy out of the hole and not hitting second from what I heard. The car is on stock 16x6.5 rims so I'm sure it's all over the place

crappy street tires with 2.2 60 ft times, no 2 step out of the hole, so i know the car has a 6 in it, i just dont have the cage installed yet to run quicker, yea my 4 inch intake on turbo was pushed backed into the tranny arm selector and it stopped me from hitting 2nd, so ive got the slicks bolted up and ready for the track this weekend, hopefully do alot better this time around LOL, it was the first time out with the car and i didnt wanna break anything

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back