The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

6262 dyno results

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slow91

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 10, 2010
Ironton, Ohio
went to the dyno today finally with my pte 6262 t3.82ar, ive got a built 6 bolt. wiseco/eagle rod combo, 280bc cams findanza cam gears(still zero out), 1650 blue max injectors, magnus swim, stock throttle body, meth injection, 93 pump gas, v3 speed density, hsk manifold, hsk 60mm wastgate. , i did 575/440@37lbs
couldnt get the wastgate to go any higher!! but it pulls power all the way till 9k!! im stoked about the car!! it pulls like a freight train!!! goin to the track to practice some 1/8 mile times with the m/h slicks this weekend!!! ive seen several people wanting to know how the 6262 pulls and its a beast of a turbo!! great for a street turbo!!

it was a dyno jet, my buddy dee from DeMartino Fabractions tuned it. he build the block also for me, he built and tuned a 707 hp 6765 also. i will get him to put up the dyno graph and video today

Nice! Can't wait to see the video, dyno sheet, and some track times. Don't forget to get the race weight. What fuel? (Is your profile up to date?)

That's some sweet news! Can't wait to get my setup up and running. pretty similar to yours except I'm vband in-out DBB. I'm also running pump 93.

im still on 93 pump gas, im a full interior street car, its a 6262 journal bearing turbo, with the billet wheel i figured no need to get a dbb LOL im updating my profile as we speak!! LOL

37 psi? Quite a bit of boost for that power level. What kind of dyno was it on? Curious to see what trap speed you get.

It's a dyno jet,We to do the pulls in 4th cause we did the 1st pull in 3rd n as soon as I laid into it, all it did was spin!!!

Last edited:
5700 37 lbs, but from a roll 2nd gear it breaks all 4 tires loose!!! the turbo is a beast, the guy who tuned it is gunna put the dyno graph on here this afternoon, he putting a auto tranny in a gst at the moment, it holds the same power 7000-9000, it didnt drop off or anything

Last edited:
It's a dyno jet,We to do the pulls in 4th cause we did the 1st pull in 3rd n as soon as I laid into it, all it did was spin!!!

Shouldve found an AWD dynojet, i made all my pulls in 3rd even tho 4th gets abit better #s its not worth the stress on 4th gear.

6800 sounds like you have a boost leak or exhaust leak issue some were.

Shouldve found an AWD dynojet, i made all my pulls in 3rd even tho 4th gets abit better #s its not worth the stress on 4th gear.

6800 sounds like have a boost leak or exhaust leak issue some were.

sorry man i fixed it, 5700-5800 at 37, theres not one close around, i think there is one in columbus,oh but not for sure

Your boost issue may be the gate..the general rule of thumb for picking a gate is that a large turbo at high boost needs a smaller gate

here's a quote about picking wastegates i got froma manufacturer site

1.) a small gate on a large turbo running high boost

2.) a large gate on a small turbo running high boost since they have more "creep tendencies"

3.) a small gate on a small turbo running low boost

4.) a large gate on a big turbo running low boost

Well that's what we figured cause we couldn't hit the 40 lb mark, I'm gunna try n find a stiffer spring n get a bigger meth jet. We hit 586 once but it wasn't a clean pull, had spark break up bout 7500

We had the boost contol silynoid set at 86% too LOL so get a stiffer spring n bigger jet should hit the 600 mark

Here is the graph. As you can see, the ignition was breaking up at the end of the pull. Re-gap the plugs after this pull. There is quite a bit left on the table I believe, and we will be going back after we change a few things. All in all I was pleased with the outcome with the time frame we had and a few minor issues including the wg. Wgs was at 95% from 7500-9000 and still fell to 33-34psi :banghead:

Here is another video as well:
6262 dyno pull - YouTube

Attachments

• jackie dyno graph.jpg
    jackie dyno graph.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 531
I wanna run this turbo on a 2.4 fully built motor. Do you think the BB is worth the extra money over the journal?

Nice #s by the way

I wanna run this turbo on a 2.4 fully built motor. Do you think the BB is worth the extra money over the journal?

Nice #s by the way

In my honest opinion no. This thing spools great and on a 2.4 it will be that much better. I honestly think this turbo makes an excellent street car turbo. wouldn't suggest anything different to be honest. I have a 6262 evo in the shop now and a 6266 galant vr4 clone coming in after that and I am sure they will be super happy with the outcome just like slow91.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back