The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

6 bolt with 2g trans

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

endangeredeagle91

Probationary Member
Dec 1, 2017
Eau Gallie, Florida
Hello fellow DSM drivers!

This is my first post, I'm new to forums; so feel free to rip me a new one if I posted this in the wrong spot or something.

I have a previously neglected (not by me) 1g and I'm going to swap my 6 bolt into a 2g. I would like to use the 2g transmission and pair my 6 bolt to it. My questions are; will they bolt up to each other with ease? Has anyone done this before? What clutch should I use? Are the mounts the same?
I tried to find a thread on it but only found one for a GST. Mine is AWD like the GSX I'll be swapping into. Thanks in advance for the help y'all.

Okay... you posted in the wrong forum (Tech Articles are how-to's and write-ups that will not get any replies) and this question has been asked, answered, and beaten to death more times than anyone cares to remember. Start here: Magnus 1G in a 2G

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back