The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

6-bolt with 2g head questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In CAPS, they're call "timing belt under cover" but I refer to them as timing tins. There is three of them. I upper front, one upper rear, and one lower rear. The most expensive one is around $22 and the cheapest is around $9. If you'd like, I can post the CAPS screenshot and part numbers with corresponding prices, as it sounds like we're talking about different things.

In CAPS, they're call "timing belt under cover" but I refer to them as timing tins. There is three of them. I upper front, one upper rear, and one lower rear. The most expensive one is around $22 and the cheapest is around $9. If you'd like, I can post the CAPS screenshot and part numbers with corresponding prices, as it sounds like we're talking about different things.

I would really appreciate it, I need to figure out how to use CAPS, the diagrams at JNZ just aren't cutting it for finding OEM parts. Will the one on the head be affected by the fact that I am using my 2g head?

I believe you would use both upper covers from a 2g, but am not sure what to recommend for the lower rear cover. I would also think a 2g should work since you're still using a 2g motor mount.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

They certainly look the same as the ones in the diagram. I had to modify the lower on like the 2g motor mount. Unless someone who has done this before chimes in I think I will just buy the covers first and see how it works. Maybe I can just drill and tap new bolt holes if some don't line up.

Thanks for the help

Last edited by a moderator:
1g Part Numbers
MD130094 - Upper Front
MD127142 - Upper Rear
MD129344 - Lower Rear

MD194496 - Lower Rear (1g 7 bolt)

2g Part Numbers
MD187283 - Upper Front
MD127142 - Upper Rear
MD199941 - Lower Rear

So it looks like the only difference is the lower rear between 6 and 7 bolt and the upper front between 1g and 2g.

1g Part Numbers
MD130094 - Upper Front
MD127142 - Upper Rear
MD129344 - Lower Rear

MD194496 - Lower Rear (1g 7 bolt)

2g Part Numbers
MD187283 - Upper Front
MD127142 - Upper Rear
MD199941 - Lower Rear

So I need the upper front and lower rear. Thanks a lot for the help Brian :thumb:

Hmm, well this kindof is related to this forum, since the new block is causing the issue...but do I need to change to a six bolt flywheel? It is an atx and I can't find anyone who has swapped a 6 bolt into one.

The flywheel is mated to the torque converter somehow, I need to seperate them and replace it with an awd 6 bolt flywheel right? Or do I need a whole new torque converter?

LOL @ this thread, it's amazing how all this information has been around for ages, yet 30 minutes of searching to get a parts list doesn't get done.

LOL @ this thread, it's amazing how all this information has been around for ages, yet 30 minutes of searching to get a parts list doesn't get done.

Afraid the search on here is a bit crappy. It won't accept terms like '6' in '6 bolt' since it's too short, and I searched for awhile. Thanks for the useless reply :rolleyes:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back