The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

6 bolt thrust bearing differences between early and late?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipse96dsm

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 7, 2010
miami dade, Florida
difference between early and late 6 bolt.
ok well hi there to start off im completely lost in my current build.i ordered clevite bearings my crank is .25 over so i got them like so. but there's a huge problem all my bearings fit but my thrust bearings that go in the center are to big and my crank isn't going in. so i would like to know how could i know what year block i have? and how could i fix this problem?

thank you

Are you sure you have a 6 bolt. The only differences in engines is the 90 to early 92 engines were 6 bolt. Late 92 and up were 7 bolt engines.

im sure i got a 6 bolt motor my crank is 6 bolt and i dealt with dsm for quit a while now. just never came across this problem.also before i send it to get machined i had all bearing put there also my thrust bearing goes in the middle that's also how i know i have a 6 bolt motor any other suggestions?

The only thing you can do is mic all of the journals on your crank to see exactly where they are at. I've never seen a clevite bearing be off in size.. ever.. but what I have seen are many crank grinders that can't hold size.

The only thing you can do is mic all of the journals on your crank to see exactly where they are at. I've never seen a clevite bearing be off in size.. ever.. but what I have seen are many crank grinders that can't hold size.

yea had that in mind im guessing that i should take the crank to the machine shop and have them order it for me. regardless they are going to do it for free so why not give it a shot.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back