The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Resolved 1G thermostat housing studs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pitbullsgsx

Proven Member
Jan 22, 2014
0'fallon, Missouri
Hi I couldn't post this anywhere else yet.

I took my head to a machinist a long time ago and I think I remember there being 3 studs for thermostat housing. They may have been bolts but either way they are missing. Could anyone tell me the size of the bolt or stud that I need there?
And is there one for the crank pos sensor also?

Solution
You're remembering correctly.

The 1G thermostat housing (3x) and CAS (2x) both utilized studs to mount them to the head. They are all M8 x 1.25mm pitch. Four of the five are specified at 25mm long and are part number MS041428; the last one is 35mm long and part number MS401431. Reason for the difference in length? The longer stud was used as a mounting point for the engine lift bracket or "engine stay", whichever you want to call it, that mounted to the throttle body and head via that stud.

The 1G thermostat housing (3x) and CAS (2x) both utilized studs to mount them to the head. They are all M8 x 1.25mm pitch. Four of the five are specified at 25mm long and are part number MS041428; the last one is 35mm long and part number MS401431. Reason for the difference in length? The longer stud was used as a mounting point for the engine lift bracket or "engine stay", whichever you want to call it, that mounted to the throttle body and head via that stud.

Solution

That is what I was looking for! Thank you

Man I really appreciate your help. I could not find that from my searches. Thank you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back