The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

6 bolt swap dsmlink inverted cas

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have anyone local that can help you?

What kind of vacum are you pulling and how does the car idle? Mine was pretty rough and i thought it was because of the 272s but after redoing the timing, the car idles much better although you can still hear the lope.

Worse comes to worse, take the timing cover off and check the timing...yes it's a pain but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do :)

i did have someone here to help he's the one who helped me pull the motor when i spun a rod bearing in the 7-bolt but he's also the one who, while test driving it while i was on vacation, sent most of my connecting rods thru the side of the block. sooooo im not gonna get him to help with this engine, i may ask him questions but thats the extent of that. oh well geuss i need a timing light. i've needed one for awhile anyway, always borrowing mr " 7-bolt killer's' timing light.

okay i got it all figured out, i found my chiltons, and then went to my car and found the little tiny nick on the crank pulley, and tried to adjust the timing with the crank angle sensor, but i have it advanced as far as the sensor will go and im still 15 degrees btdc, and its supposed to be 5 right?, so what should i do now, take the belt off and turn the crank then reinstall the belt? i know thats what your going to say. oh well, its gonna be hard to get my hands up in there. any secrets to doin this?

The timing that you set with the timing light is different than the actual timing of the belt which involves aligning the various marks on the pullies/front case. So make sure the belt itself is timed right before worrying about the timing with the light.

Align the cam gears and check where the notch on the crank pulley is and let us know.

when i align the timing marks on the cam gears the crank is at about 15 degrees btdc, im geussing because its a little bit before it even gets to the raised tab. could this be the whole problem? will this make it not idle but run okay in higher rpm's?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back