The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 6 bolt oil squirter nozzle in Oil pan

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DsmDanielson

Proven Member
Jul 13, 2016
Peoria, Arizona
Hey so as the title states, I have a 6 bolt 4g63T engine in my 2g, and my turbo oil drain bolts were stripped and the drain bolt was stripped so I thought to get new pan and gasket for about 60 bucks. Upon dropping the pan, I noticed one of my oil squirter nozzle was clean cut, and inside my pan. There was a few other posts regarsing this scenario, but my specific question wasnt answered. I checked my rod bearings using the spark plug hole method with a screw driver. And I tugged on all my rod caps back and forth and side to side with no play. There was no shavings from what I can tell, but I got a nice initial scare from those tiny oil bubbles. Anyway, if my nozzle broke, will my squirter still work if it was cut clean, there doesn't seem to be any damage to the engine.
-Danny

It sounds like the squirter body is still in the block and if so you shouldn't notice anything other than the loss of benefit of piston cooling. Can you not get to it to replace it?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back