The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

6-bolt in a 2nd gen

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetraceboi

Sep 4, 2002
San Antonio, Texas
ok, heres my question. i got a friend that wants to put a 6-bolt in his 97 gsx to avoid "crankwalk". what mods do you have to do to get a 6bolt to fit in a 2nd gen?? is it easier to just buy a 6bolt block and put it in or just buy the whole motor?? will the 6bolt just drop right in?? what about the awd tranny?? what do you have to do to get a 6 bolt in a 2nd gen??? or should he stick with the 7bolt??

you ought to do a search since this has been covered a zillion times. But since im a nice guy i will answer your questions.

Mods needed to put a 6 bolt in is the motor mount needs to be trimmed and thats it. You need to get your 2g ecu to read the 1g CAS so you make a harness.
It is easier and a better idea to use the 6 bolt head since it flows better than a 2g head. Tranny will work fine you just need a 6 bolt flywheel.

visit www.magnusmotorsports.com they have a tech article telling everything to do

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back