The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

6 Bolt built kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2doorEvil

Probationary Member
Jan 19, 2021
Selah, Washington
So guys I got a $3-4k budget I need help im looking to built my 6 bolt to be able to push 500+hp what would I need piston,rods, crankshaft cams etc?. Keep in mind I already got ecmlimk,fmic,speed density, fp red
Much help much appreciated

Don't you also have to upgrade your drivetrain to handle that sort of power, especially the trans, t-case, etc.?

Eagle rods/wiseco pistons can be had new for about $800. Oem crank is fine.
Don't you also have to upgrade your drivetrain to handle that sort of power, especially the trans, t-case, etc.?
Above 400ft/lbs of torque is when things start to show their weakness. Also, how you launch and shift play a role in longetivity. I’ve personally made hundreds of 10 second passes on stock drivetrain, other than a Shep trans. No lift to shift on every single pass, using a twin disc clutch

Eagle rods/wiseco pistons can be had new for about $800. Oem crank is fine.

Above 400ft/lbs of torque is when things start to show their weakness. Also, how you launch and shift play a role in longetivity. I’ve personally made hundreds of 10 second passes on stock drivetrain, other than a Shep trans. No lift to shift on every single pass, using a twin disc clutch
Yeah I figured it out extremepsi has 500+hp built kit and I'll be building my trans soon since it already grinds thanks for yall help much appreciated

At what point do you have to start seriously thinking about an all-dogtooth trans? I'm asking out of sheer curiosity. My Talon's stock and will likely stay that way, at most I might mod it to 250-300 someday. I'm actually rebuilding my its AWD manual trans right now so transmissions are on my brain these days.

At what point do you have to start seriously thinking about an all-dogtooth trans? I'm asking out of sheer curiosity. My Talon's stock and will likely stay that way, at most I might mod it to 250-300 someday. I'm actually rebuilding my its AWD manual trans right now so transmissions are on my brain these days.
There is no magic number. But every 3rd and 4th gear has a finite lifespan when you apply 400+ lb/ft of torque to it. The more torque u apply, then shorter the lifespan. It’s not a matter of if, it’s a matter of when. If you stay under 350-400 lb/ft of torque, your gears could last indefinitely. The synchros are a whole different matter tho. Those wear quicker, especially if they are the original 1st Gen ones

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back