The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

550cc injectors on stock 1g???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talon__22

Probationary Member
Oct 17, 2003
MichiganUS
my injectors are bad, and i found a set of 550's for less than stock ones. im just wondering if it will run to rich with the 550's without any other mods. any help would be great. thanks

yes it will...

How are ALL yoru injectors bad? BTW- you can usuallt find a good set for abotu $60:cool:

im sure not all the injectors are bad, but i would rather replace all of them now. wouldnt i be able to turn the boost up to compensate for it though??

No you can not just turn up the boost to compensate. That's not how it works. 550's will make the car run rich all the time no matter where the boost is set. You have to lean it out with some sort of fuel control device, such as an Apex! AFC, MAFT Translator, or other fuel control computers.

pneumo i was going to say what pneumo said then he said it before me there is much more involved than you think in the electrical end. people think up weird stuff to fix a mess up the boost thing, LOL what happens when you are runnning boost, think before you do

x camaro owner said:
pneumo i was going to say what he said then he said it before me there is much more involved than you think in the electrical end. people think up weird stuff to fix a mess up upping the boost, LOL what happens when you are runnning boost, think before you do

Uh...Thanks... I think,
wait, ummm

yeah, OK "thanks!"

i was going to say what pneumo said then he said it before me there is much more involved than you think in the electrical end. people think up weird stuff to fix a mess up the boost thing, LOL what happens when you are runnning no boost, think before you do. also are you matching injector impedances

sorry drank to much when typed that one

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back