The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

550CC Injectors & Evo III 16G Turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rborgia

15+ Year Contributor
May 20, 2004
Westbury, New_York
Will the 550s be enough for the EvoIII 16G Turbo?

RRE shows the 550s are enough. What do you guys think?

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/eclfuel.htm

Im in NY and always use 93oct unless I can find a Sunocco for Ultra 94.

Next week is order time and I am buying a bunch of stuff...

RNR Turbo-Back 3" Exhaust - RNR $699.00
Greddy Profec B - Extreme PSI - $299.00
MSD Spark Plug Wires - Extreme PSI - $85.00
Greedy Type S BOV - Extreme PSI - $175.00
Greedy UIC pipe Kit - Extreme PSI - $210.00
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump - Extreme PSI - $95.00
Greddy TurboTimer - Extreme PSI - $85.00
Fuel Injectors 650cc or 550cc - Extreme PSI - $309.00
SAFCII - Extreme PSI - $299
Mitsu EvoIII 16G - Extreme PSI - $575.00
16G Install Kit - Extreme PSI - $220.00

Well this should cover Stage one and then some. So if the 550s are enough I will save about $80.00, also the Fuel setup is gonna be a bit less since they sell the packaged kit.

Thanks

I'd go with those 650's. Room for more timing advance, and room to upgrade.

Also, I'd get an AFPR to handle that pump.

I 2nd that.

Just leave out the turbo timer for now. It is not needed to run your car properly and there ya go.

You can find a turbo timer CHEAP on ebay.

yep, trust RRE on that.

They know what they're talking about.

you should get 550s and a 190lph fuel pump. You will reach full turbo potential with these parts. If you plan on getting a larger turbo, then start thinking about 660s and a faster pump FPR etc.

more is not always better. ;)

The Evo flow more than the 14b and by that chart it is showing only the 14b and 550's.

The ecu is going to be fine with an S-AFC (I or II) with anything smaller than 750's. After that it will start getting a little hairy with the bigger injectors. The reason I say go bigger than 550's is that some people have reached the desired duty cycle before they reached the desired boost level they wanted.

In the case of injectors this is a good "bigger is better". If there is a way to tune it and control flow then by all means, go for it.

dop the 300$ boost controller and put in on bigger injectors. Maybe its necessary for u cause it has a bunch of useful extras, but an extra 300$ can give u a lot more power if u spend it right.

Yeah why are you spending 300 dollars on an EBC? Sure the Profec B is good but it's better suited for a GST IMO because of it's two stage boost settings. Spend 100 on a simple Hallman or Joe P MBC. That 250 can be better used elsewhere.

GinNBoost said:
Yeah why are you spending 300 dollars on an EBC? Sure the Profec B is good but it's better suited for a GST IMO because of it's two stage boost settings. Spend 100 on a simple Hallman or Joe P MBC. That 250 can be better used elsewhere.

i spent 70 bills on my turboxs and i'm still hating myself for doing it, u can get a standard one online for 40$ or just make ur own from home depot, but they all work the same its not a very complicated part in the first place.

Ok all... Changes made to setup. I will try out the Hallman ES series MBC.

RNR Turbo-Back 3" Exhaust
Halman ES Manual Boost Controller
MSD Spark Plug Wires
Greedy Type S BOV
Greedy UIC pipe Kit
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
Fuel Injectors 550cc FIC
SAFCII
Mitsu EvoIII 16G
16G Install Kit

I will have an FPR soon as well. I have plenty to keep me busy for some time. I will be attempting the install(s) alone.

I will probably get the Aeromotive A-FPR, Gauge and hoses from Slow Boys. If I can locate the fittings and SS hosing locally I will buy that here.

Thanks again...

Rich

MachV has the Hallman es for $50 with enough hose to hook it up. Get the Lucas 550s for $215 from Extreme Psi or go FIC 650s for $309. RC Engineering uses Lucas designed injectors, they are disc style with 5 squirt holes Im running them but should have just went 650s since Im getting an 18G any day now. A Walbro 190 will flow enough for up to a 50 trim and you wont need an adjustable fpr. Search the classified here for a 2G install kit, you can pick up the J pipe at least for cheap.

I have the 550s and the evo but am about to go with a 20g and needing an upgrade injectors now i would go high 660s

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back