The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

50trim FWD guys.. ET/MPH?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blcknspo0ln

DSM Wiseman
Jul 31, 2003
Central, New_Jersey
i just saw the 14b FWD thread so I decided to start another one for the new wave of FWDers.. the t3/t4 - hybrid guys.. post your basic mods, what tires you used, what type of hybrid you have, your best ET and best MPH..

my contribution:

full supporting mods besides engine internals
SBR G50 turbo @ 20 psi
toyo proxe f4 street radials

first time at track :
best ET: 13.956
best MPH: 106.2

Check profile for mods to lazy to post but built everything pretty much. T-netics "super" 50, 402whp @ 24psi, Full weight with slicks I ran a 12.5 @116. I can get out of the hole real nice but then I just spin the tires in all of second gear(yes even with slicks) so it kills my trap AND my e.t. becuase I have the good launch which lowers e.t. but also mph. Then I get wheel spin which increases e.t. and mph leaving me somewhere in the middle of where my set up really should be. With my power I should be hitting high eleven(11.7-8 @ around 117.5). When I say full weight I really mean it. Spare + jack, tools behind the driver seat, full interior, etc...

Will be adding meth injection once this stupid relay shows up and hoping for another 50-75whp and also a nice drop in e.t. Much less tire presure and hopefully no broken axles next time out with the trailer.

My best last season was 13.0 at 109 mph. I never went back but I could have got a mid 12 w/ better a better tune, etc. The car had lots of problems too that day. It was on 8" slicks, but w/ too much air pressure.

Wow. Wish I didnt have to sell mine. BAH. Blew my motor. Pm me if you know anyone wanting a t3/t4 50 trim.

project_tsi said:
My best last season was 13.0 at 109 mph. I never went back but I could have got a mid 12 w/ better a better tune, etc. The car had lots of problems too that day. It was on 8" slicks, but w/ too much air pressure.

Dan, forgot to say it earlier before the site was shut down congrats on becoming a wiseman.

blcknspo0ln said:
i just saw the 14b FWD thread so I decided to start another one for the new wave of FWDers.. the t3/t4 - hybrid guys.. post your basic mods, what tires you used, what type of hybrid you have, your best ET and best MPH..

my contribution:

full supporting mods besides engine internals
SBR G50 turbo @ 20 psi
toyo proxe f4 street radials

first time at track :
best ET: 13.956
best MPH: 106.2

Defintly enough trap speed there for 12s.

well, I went to Island Dragway last week (shitty track, btw) and on the new setup I went a best of 14.2 @ 110. Now I have a trap good enough for mid to low 12's. It's just a matter of getting traction and a good launch to get there. I'm keeping faith :thumb:

Some cars are built so much better so its kinda worthless to find out what other 50 trim cars run. For instance when I come out to play my car is prepped really well. Its not thrown together like some cars I see.

Anyways ET 11.990 MPH 126.8 PTE SCM5031E

98eclipseRS said:
Check profile for mods to lazy to post but built everything pretty much. T-netics "super" 50, 402whp @ 24psi, Full weight with slicks I ran a 12.5 @116. I can get out of the hole real nice but then I just spin the tires in all of second gear(yes even with slicks) so it kills my trap AND my e.t. becuase I have the good launch which lowers e.t. but also mph. Then I get wheel spin which increases e.t. and mph leaving me somewhere in the middle of where my set up really should be. With my power I should be hitting high eleven(11.7-8 @ around 117.5). When I say full weight I really mean it. Spare + jack, tools behind the driver seat, full interior, etc...

Will be adding meth injection once this stupid relay shows up and hoping for another 50-75whp and also a nice drop in e.t. Much less tire presure and hopefully no broken axles next time out with the trailer.
I'm glad that you mentioned that about spinning and loseing trap speed. Alot of people fail to realize that you can indeed lose trap speed by spinning to much, as with hurting your ET's. That's why I don't always go by the your trap speed is a good indication of the power that your making all of the time. With slicks yes, street tires or drag radials no. Sorry to stray from the topic a little. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back