The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

50+ video tutorials for ECMlink

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not everyone knows about my channel but I have them all garbled up with other videos versus having them in a certain folder. I don't want to create another Youtube folder to put them in because I'm unsure if it will break any links where I've posted them elsewhere. But figured this would be a good spot to put them and organize them as I make them. And please, if there's a video with bad audio or needs something corrected, etc., please let me know. I'll update or correct if need be. I do plan on updating some of the videos where I had to use a camera versus a screen capturing program but be patient please. I'm also gathering other Ecmlink videos for a one stop shop place to put them all so

Getting started with Ecmlink, updating, and uploading of logs.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Going over some of the different tabs in Ecmlink.

Misc videos and Maf/SD videos. Understanding fuel trims is a very good starting point. If you don't understand that, nothing else really matters.

Last edited:
Ecmlink videos from other folks that I've been able to find (some of these but not all are teaser clips where you have to pay a subscription to watch the full video).
(good to watch if you're having idle issues but nothing covered in Ecmlink here. I tend to have to share this one a good bit though)

Nice! I like to know about those little things!
Now when are we gonna see that car going again ??? :)

I found out I can't haul more than 4, 5 gallon containers of fuel at a time. (I hauled 9 of them to fill my 55 gallon drum up with E85).
:shhh:

Thank you Scott for all of these and putting them together as well as anyone else who contributed. I just picked up v3 so this is helpful. Thanks again

I follow Scott on YouTube. He is great. Thanks Scott for putting this together. Just purchased the v3 and am going to install it with the AEM X Series Wideband probably in the next couple of days.

Well, most recent update for my car, but lesson learned and hopefully will help others. I love Ecmlink but wish it had more failsafes. Could've saved me from having this issue. Just have to be paying better attention and not be stupid. But anyway, here y'all go.

That sucks, Scott. Sorry to hear. How is voltage affected with a higher rated alternator that puts out more amperage? Do you have a way to see actual voltage closer to the fuel pump?

That sucks, Scott. Sorry to hear. How is voltage affected with a higher rated alternator that puts out more amperage? Do you have a way to see actual voltage closer to the fuel pump?

Well, forgive me because it's been a LOOOOONG time since I've taken any electrical course. But if memory serves me correctly, a higher rated amperage alternator is also going to give more voltage which is what I'm currently lacking. I can see actual voltage at the pump. Just requires hooking up a meter and placing it where I can see it. But if the alternator is putting out garbage numbers, measuring at the pump is pointless.

Well, most recent update for my car, but lesson learned and hopefully will help others. I love Ecmlink but wish it had more failsafes. Could've saved me from having this issue. Just have to be paying better attention and not be stupid. But anyway, here y'all go.
Are you suggesting voltage issues causing a fuel pressure issue?

No sir (of course fuel output is always dependent on voltage output), what I'm saying is that due to the low voltage and boost starting to get on up there, the weak voltage will cause a weak ignition and not fire off the fuel properly. I have a new alternator ready to go on, a new cylinder head waiting to get machined, and the M&W ignition box and coil-on plug system about to be mailed this weekend I believe. If the new alternator puts out what it's supposed to, I feel it should resolve all issues. With a Magnafuel fuel pump, 2150cc injectors, and Magnafuel regulator I should NOT be missing at only around 30 psi of boost like I am.

Why don't you post a log and let us see what was going on.

Done, but of course not dialed in. Obviously. Figured I'd throw that out there for any nitpickers that like to rip it apart.

Attachments

• Ignition issues. 4-3-21.elg
    17 KB · Views: 54
It might just be both. But with the fuel system I'm running, that shouldn't be an issue. Fuel pressure might not be keeping up though of course if voltage is low, which IS an issue.

I'll be upgrading the ignition system and I guess we shall see then.

Not to mention that if pressure wasn't keeping up, it would just go lean. Maybe breakup after going real lean but it's not doing that. It starts breaking rather quickly. And have to keep in mind that there will be a delay in the log for the miss. It won't show up the exact second there's an ignition issue where there's a miss.

What is your base fuel pressure? On the screenshot, your fuel pressure is 64 psi, while your boost is 32 psi. That would indicate you are only running 32 psi of base fuel pressure??

It's 50 psi. But don't take that fuel pressure literally. It's a glow shift sensor and had to set it up as a linear setting and just wanted to monitor a drop in pressure. Seems to do good in that regard at least.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back