The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

50 trim t3 turbo installation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhorn

Probationary Member
Aug 30, 2013
lafayette, Indiana
Hey,

I'm new to the forum. Thanks for having me. I'm doing this from my phone so let me apologize for any mistakes.

I'm trying to install 50 trim turbo on my eclipse. I have a 2g head and a 6 bolt block. I have a t3 turbo header to go with the t3 turbo flange. My problem is a fittment issue. When trying to bolt the turbo to the header the turbo hits the block and causes the turbo to not be able to bolt to the header. It looks like I could have the flange on the header cut off. And welded back on at a bit of an angle to allow the room I need to fit the turbo. I'm just curious if anyone knows of a better or easier way of fitting a turbo of this size? Any info is welcome.

I attached some photos of the turbo and header. I'm not sure if the will help.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20130811-00032.jpg
    IMG-20130811-00032.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_20130807_203728.jpg
    IMG_20130807_203728.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_20130807_203702.jpg
    IMG_20130807_203702.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 166
You can get a spacer to go between the head and the exhaust manifold (probably the easiest thing), or have an angled spacer between the turbo and manifold.

I won't comment on the quality of those parts though. :D

Yeah the turbo is a cheap one to help me figure out if this is the way I want to go. I have plans on upgrading when I figure out the exact setup I want for a long term set up. Do you have any links for a t3 spacer or angle spacer? So far I can't find one that has a t3 flange on both ends.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back