The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

5 Speeds for lyfe

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good stuff, Just to share to your thread, I recently was able to get into the 1.4s, With a best of a 1.40, I wonder if using your method, along with launch control, could benefit my set up to attain 1.3x 60's ?

thoughts ? If you get a few minutes, please take a look at my incar videos, to see where any improvements can be made.

I appreciate your input in advance

w

Well I drove it with the garret VNT. This one is off an izusu, it's a T4i flange, and a 57mmx88mm compressor. I have it mounted up on an old school SFP t4 manifold, with an emusa gate. My first drive I basically hooked up the vanes with a switch and a resistor, they were wide open or about 80% closed, what a turd LOL. With the vanes wide open it only makes about 15psi. I wired in a couple more resistors so it was either 70 or 30. That worked much better. It would build about 20psi by 4000, but it was choked up and didn't pull, but then let off the button and it instantly burried the boost gauge and took off like hell!

So then earlier today I hijacked my boost control table in tunerpro and set it up for about 70% closed to 5000, then 50% at 6000, 30 at 7000+, this worked much better than the switch. The datalog is that. The point shown in 30psi. It's very different feeling. It's got a heavy rotating assembly, so it's not very quick on it's feet, but it seems like the boost recovery on shifts is great. I grabbed second, and it fried the street tires like I was doing a burnout in first. It was pretty wild.

So far it's been working great at the factory 16.6hz, I'm running a 4.7ohm 20watt resistor to limit current and a 3A diode for flyback protection. Finally tonight I finished reworking the original EGR solenoid duty cycle table and used it for my VGT controls. I have a nice 16x16 table indexed off RPM and MAP. I have a few more tricks to add to the controls. But anyway for now here it is, the first dsm with a garrett AVNT turbo, and controlled by the FACTORY ecu. Boom muthafuckas!

I'm hoping I can find an AWD dyno that will let me get it for a day on the cheap. It will be a great learning experience for everyone involved. If not I'll get it dialed in the old fashioned way. Either way, I'm sure I'll see some mid to bottom 10's with it next year.

Attachments

• vgt log.PNG
    vgt log.PNG
    17 KB · Views: 82
  • tunerpro.PNG
    tunerpro.PNG
    20.9 KB · Views: 172
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Here's some pictures

I thought I had some sort of a build thread on here at one time, and I can't seem to find it. I think it got canned when the site changed around in 2015ish. Anyway this is the closest thing I have to one, so I'll add on here.
Ended up running some 10.80's at 140 on the vgt in 2016. Went back to the HE351 for a season in 2017, and ran a 9.80 on that. 2018 was a bust. 2019 bought a pgg for the car, and went 9.92 on the vgt. This year barely had any time for the car, but ran some more 9's at 32psi boost. Car is working killer now, although it could 60' a couple tenths better. Getting ready to swap an act2100/4 puck back in the car with a synchro trans and chase a single digit pass on the synchro trans. We will see what happens.

Got some vids from 9.88 and 10.0 last weekend. Enjoy.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back