The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

5 speed questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92_laszer

Probationary Member
Feb 10, 2005
Omaha, Nebraska
ok the questions that i have been looking for on this whole forum since ive been on it is. since i blew a hole (dont ask me how i dont know) through the top of my tranny. (93laser)
is i heard that the 2.0 5 speed trans has a different gear ratio and the 2.0 turbo also is different but i was wondering if these fit on the 1.8 and which one has the highest 5th gear ratio. trying to get the rpms down at 60 mph. all help is greatly appreciated and thanks for looking.

I dont know the gear ratios off the top of my head, have em written down at home though, see if I can find them after work. The 2.0 trans wont work correctly on the 1.8 block and Im not sure what kind of upgrades are available for the 1.8 tranny. I suggest checking on the IPT forums, http://www.importperformancetrans.com/forums/ transdude is extremely knowledgable with these transmissions and I think youll find aalot of information there.

well i was reading that u could do the 2.0 swap and the 1.8 tranny will work now if the 1.8 tranny will work dont u think that the 2.0 will work cuz then that would mean they are interchangable if the 1.8 tranny works the blocks are the same so why not the 2.0 tranny on the 1.8 block see i dont understand why that wont work

well i guess no one knows about this im sure some one has tried it before a 2.0 first gen 5 speed tranny to a first gen 1.8 block

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back