The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

4th and 5th slipping

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sethkirk_2005

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 28, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
So I'm going to look at a gst tomorrow and the owner tells me the car needs a "main computer". He says that 4th gear and 5th gear are slipping due to the fact that the car needs a new computer... I have a little experience with these cars but I have never heard of the computer causing a gear to slip. It sounds to me like the clutch is going... what do you think?

+1 on the clutch... you can always tell because it will start slipping in the higher gears first and then work it's way down the ladder.

The guy definitely doesn't know what he is talking about... obviously! I'm going to go check it out tomorrow but he won't be getting what he's asking for it.

My suggestion:

Tell this guy to sell his dsm,so someone with a good knowlage could take care of it,it looks sad,when people like these are driving dsm's :ohdamn: ......

Seems like the majority of people with the nice DSMs that I see are like that. I had to show someone that there de-badged gst was even turbo once ROFL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back