The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

4g73

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sullbren17

Proven Member
Nov 29, 2012
Chadron, Nebraska
Bought a 1st gen I read on 4g73 to4g63 the swap you need a 4g63 the ecu and it bolts right up? I haven't found much info on I saw a interesting forum on turboing the 4g73 but I'm looking for a drag build and was woundering if anyone knows how much fabrication it is to do the swap. I read the 1.8 trans with work with the 4g63 but I don't trust it. And don't tell me to use the search bar because I've done it a lot :mad:

So yes it will fit with no modification to the engine bay?
I read the upgrades you have to do like fuel pump, ecu and all those goodies that come into play but I don't see how the 4g37 ( thank you for correcting me) with just swap out with a 4g63 I'm not looking for a lot if power just yet my goal is to get the 4g63 fit and snug in the engine bay with about factory standards do a tune up and matenice and everything and then pull out big guns with new fancy forged pistons and rods. But Becker I get to carried away my main question is will the 4g63 bolt in as a engine itself without modification?

I'm getting fuel but no spark. They guy I bought the car from says something about the alarm system? A lot of forums don't mention that they dignose most spark issues on this engine to be the ecu but does anyone know if the alarm system would having anything to do with it I wouldn't think so.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back