The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Spyder 4g64 Hybrid Turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brief update;

Took the car for a spin yesterday. Didn't end up well.
Started hesitating half way through the ride and stalled about a mile from my driveway, in the rain no less.
Wasn't sure what it was so walked home in the rain to get some gas containers just incase i ran out of gas. Filled two 5g containers.
Still wouldn't run afterwards. Would start then stall.

Eventually i found the intake pipe going into the throttle body somehow got dislodged. I squeezed it in enough to limp the mile home.
That sealed my decision to remove the S90 and put in the 1g TB. Also ordered a new elbow with a bung for the speed density.
I need to make sure that will never happen again, it was not a fun experience.

After my last experience, im swapping the throttle body for the 1G throttle body, waiting on the order for the TB elbow with bung for SD air inlet sensor, will replace all tubing from intercooler to TB with 2.5" SS that i'm going to attempt to bend myself with my pipe bender, and will get a 1.25" fitting welded on it for the GFB BOV hose.
At this point just waiting on some parts to arrive to get started.

Besides this i installed the new wheels. Here is a pic.
Rims are 17x8 Konig Hypergram Metallic Carbon w/machined lip +35mm offset. Tires are Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 215/45R17.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I received everything I think I need to move forward.
Have the 1g TB, bolts, gaskets for it.
Got the TB elbow. Got some straight pipe to bend for the other intercooler to elbow tube.

Does anyone see anything obvious I’m missing?

For now for the speed density I’m going to put the IAT in the TB elbow but keep it unplugged until I get a base tune done first.
And I’m going to try to stick weld a hose barb into the tube for the GFB BOV. This is something I’ve never done before so it may end up really bad.
But I want to learn.
I’m trying stick weld first then will try TIG, I just don’t have the gas for the shielding yet. That’s why I’m trying stick first.
Besides that the multi welder I got is kind of weak for TIG, although it does support it. I may end up getting a dedicated TIG welder soon.

Even the tube bending won’t be easy since I don’t have a mandrel bender, I’m going to try with a modified hydraulic pipe bender. Figure ill fill the tube with sand and give it a try without kinking it.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back