The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G 4G64 Power Transistor Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clawless

5+ Year Contributor
Jun 20, 2018
Astoria, New_York
Hello,
So I became aware of this issue when my friends practiced learning to drive stick in my car. Basically, if the car stalls enough times or if the gas pedal is floored, the ignition control module pops out. Theres no noticeable issues on the locking mechanism but I guess its just worn out? Has anyone replaced it with any brands besides OEM or is that the way to go? Also is there any solution that doesn't require replacement? Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_3219.jpg
    IMG_3219.jpg
    904.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3223.jpg
    IMG_3223.jpg
    1,014.4 KB · Views: 60
Is it the latch on the connector or the square post on the Power Transistor itself that is damaged?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Check to make sure the orange gasket inside the connector isn't jammed up preventing it from fully seating and locking. It could be the connector is worn down as well though. ECMLink has those connectors, though you have to contact them to get them to sell one to you, if yours is worn out or broken.

If you need a new ptu I could sell one to you as I no longer use them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back