The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

4g64 engines in generac generators

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guy Farting

Probationary Member
Sep 4, 2014
Grand forks, North_Dakota
So this was new to me. I was at work out in the field and I Service and repair generators of all sizes. Everything from personal 5kw Hondas to quad supercharged and quad turbo 16 cylinders.

Then I'm at one and I realized the model number on the block. I was like wth? Then I looked at the valve cover. Sure enough it's a 4g64. Could I use a crank from this unit in my 4g63?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So this was new to me. I was at work out in the field and I Service and repair generators of all sizes. Everything from personal 5kw Hondas to quad supercharged and quad turbo 16 cylinders.

Then I'm at one and I realized the model number on the block. I was like wth? Then I looked at the valve cover. Sure enough it's a 4g64. Could I use a crank from this unit in my 4g63?

Those would likely be 7 bolt motors.

so the funny thing is I have a full Service Manuel on it and this one was produced in 2015. I'm going to dig up as much info as possible. Maybe even post some schematics and diagrams that would help anyone out.

Double post sorry. This one is hilarious when it starts up. It has a coolant heater on it that keeps it at 170 degrees 24/7 and when it starts up it goes straight to 3600 rpms in 1 second. Since it's a 2 pole Gen set it does twice the normal 1800 with a 4 pole end.

Funny enough the Manuel notes there's a 2.351cc engine(the 2.4) and a 2.349cc(2.3)

Found some basic wiring diagrams however these run off of lp gas and the controller is proprietary so I'm not sure if the pin out means anything but still kinda cool. I will be looking for the engine manual. Maybe I can get the shop to order it 🤔

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back