The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

4g64 & crankwalk

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2gdsm_nc

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 24, 2002
Elkin, North_Carolina
Has the 4g64 7bolt had the same amount of cw as the '63 7bolt? I know the '64 doesnt have the oil squirters that the 7 bolt has pressed into the block, but in my mind that is a plus. less chance of the bearings getting starved of oil. so what im getting at is, putting a 7bolt '64 block in a 2g is just as efficient and easier than the 6 bolt '64 block.

2nd question is on the oil squirters, why is it that everyone is so content on useing them. many cars put out high #'s without them and from what ive seen they are more of a hassle. they clog, they get stuck open, they fall of into the oil pan. Can someone out there show me the #'s for the cars that run oil squirters and the ones that dont. it keeps the pistons cool right. but that was designed for the stock piston. most upgrade to forged pistons. and they expand when heated. actually helping to seal the rings. so all in all. is there any point in keeping them or using them.

I’m surprised no one has responded to this yet. Since any 64 you get is coming from a junkyard and its going to have a ton of miles on it you can check the crank end play. If it is within spec I wouldn’t worry about it.

As for the oil squirters they are nice to have for cooling purposes but not a necessity by any means. I just run an oil cooler and Im not having ANY cooling issues.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back