The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

4g64 crankshaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsi6bolt

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 10, 2010
westminster, Colorado
So I am wondering how well these crankshafts hold up when doing the stroker in the 4g63 iv herd don't waist my time with that and just get the stroker crank but I also herd that they are no problem so I'm wanting to know should I go with the 4g64 crank or no thanks!

Oh really it is the stroker one? Because when I look for the 4g64 crank its a lot cheaper than the stroker ones but in that case thank you that made it easy.

I'm getting the feeling that you aren't clear on the whole stroker thing (forgive me if you are). You can buy a 100mm stroke aka "stroker" crankshaft from a 4g64, 4gcs, g4cs, Magnus, Eagle, BC, etc... As long as you are sticking the crank in a 2.0 block, you can call it a stroker since you're no longer using the factory 88mm stroke crank. So, just make sure you get the crank and block matched up (6 bolt crank with 6 bolt block, or 7 bolt with 7 bolt) and that you start out with a good crank that measures out to factory specifications. If it needs to be cut/turned/reground, whatever you want to call it, it's trash. If you want to make over 600whp with a stroker motor I'd suggest buying an aftermarket crank vs one of the above listed OEM options.

Oh really ya I don't know to much this is my first project and iv been doing a lot of research on everything I'm gettin a 6 bolt next week and wanna build it as much as possible for pretty cheap so if you have any suggestions I would gladly appreciate it thanks

Built and cheap generally don't go hand in hand. Do you have a certain use for the car? Any goal for HP or ET in the 1/4 mile? How about a budget? I usually set a budget and go from there, or set my goals and forget about a budget.

Oh ya I want around 400 HP and ya iv been hearing that it is going to cost money and I'm ready for that I'm getting the block and head for 500 and than ill have 2 to 3 grand to out in it

Well, if you are building a 6 bolt then you will have a hard time finding a crank for it at a junkyard or online cheap. The g4cs is a hard engine to come by and that is the one that you need the crank out of for a 6 bolt block.

So you will probably have to buy one off a vendor or something.

It's easier to build a 7 bolt because you can build it using a 4g64 crank, which is much easier to find.

Oh well on the dsm grave yard they have the 4g64 crank and it says the only thing you have to know is if its a 6 bolt get the 6 bolt one and if its a 7 bolt get a 7 bolt one

Yup, if you're buying it new like that you're fine. He was talking about getting one from a junk yard or donor car.

Oh ok for sure ya the one on dsm grave yard is like 350 so I'm gonna jump on that

Ok, you can usually get one from a 'yard for $50, but that's if you can find one.

I would pick the one up from the dsmgraveyard. It's more than likely that you will NEVER find one at a junkyard now. They are gone. I have picked through so many junkyards looking for them and never found one.

Oh nice thanks for saving me the the pain. So what rods do I need the h beam or I beam ?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back