The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

4g64 Compression Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyLineGtR-R34

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 5, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
I couldn't post in n/t forums so I'll ask the question here:

I am putting a turbo on the 4g64 and I'm still in the process of getting all the necessary parts.
I've read a lots of stuff on this process, so I'm kind of confident that I could put it together.
There's one thing that I'm not really familiar with, and that's compression. I plan on runing the stock boost 7-8 psi, but my concern is will the higher compression be a problem if a put in the turbo?

I know there are several people who have done this mod, but no one mentions anything about compression with stock boost.
Any kind of help would be apreciated.

I'll tell you that i honestly don't know the stock compression on the 4g64, nor do I intend to look it up.

You can boost higher c/r motors. It just takes more balls. with a higher c/r, more likely to knock, more likely to blow the eff up, and harder to tune.

I've actually been tossing around the idea of throwing a stock 4g64 block with a 1g head on it with my 14b for a little while just so I can move the car around to get the cage put in, some body work done etc. I'm sure its not easy to tune, but I have DSMlink so i'm sure I could make it work.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back