The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

4G63T Type 1 Beetle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prepped more of the Talon today for the engine/tranny pull. Forgot the rental place was closed on weekends so I'll have to wait a couple days to rent the cherry picker.

Attachments

• IMG_20181027_134930.jpg
    IMG_20181027_134930.jpg
    657.6 KB · Views: 155
So I had some down time and various house work so I was idle for a bit. Thanks to the government shutdown work has been a bit slow so I brought my motor into work and got some progress made.
Totally disassembled the motor and did an initial clean and identified what parts I have. Cleaned the cylinder head and polished the surfaces to help air flow and reduce carbon build up. Needs resurfaced and the valve seats checked and the top is ready. Doing a complete overhaul and cleaning this thing with brand new parts and upgrades.
It'll be awhile before I start the process of buying a Beetle and building the car but the engine will be fresh and ready to go.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back