The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

4g63t oil pump issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilRedSpyder

Proven Member
May 2, 2019
Livingston, Louisiana
Ok so just rebuilt my engine and for whatever reason the bushing for my oil pump gear is rubbing on the front cover. Anyone have any clue as to what is causing this and how to fix it? It wasn’t rubbing when I first put everything back together.

Is this a 1g or 2g? Do you mean the oil pump drive gear (part of internal oil pump) or the oil pump sprocket the timing belt goes around?

Attachments

• front case new installed.JPG
    front case new installed.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 65
  • front case new rear - inside oil pump (with my grease on oil pump gears).JPG
    front case new rear - inside oil pump (with my grease on oil pump gears).JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 36
  • oil pump shaft and seal original case.JPG
    oil pump shaft and seal original case.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 56
If it's the one the timing belt goes around, that's the oil pump sprocket (connects to the oil pump drive gear inside oil pump housing). The rear balancer shaft connects to the oil pump driven gear (inside oil pump housing) and has that 6 sided star pattern cover plug on it on the outside (next to the oil pump sprocket). So do you still say the balance shaft is rubbing the front case? And you know this because why? Did you have the front case off? Or do you have a stub shaft in place of the balancer shaft or ...?

If it's the one the timing belt goes around, that's the oil pump sprocket (connects to the oil pump drive gear inside oil pump housing). The rear balancer shaft connects to the oil pump driven gear (inside oil pump housing) and has that 6 sided star pattern cover plug on it on the outside (next to the oil pump sprocket). So do you still say the balance shaft is rubbing the front case? And you know this because why? Did you have the front case off? Or do you have a stub shaft in place of the balancer shaft or ...?
Haven’t done the balance shaft delete. And the bushing is what’s rubbing you can see the wear marks on it. Pics attached

Attachments

• DA08B213-8F00-46BE-A877-7D21DEF16FA5.jpeg
    DA08B213-8F00-46BE-A877-7D21DEF16FA5.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 2E248461-6058-4BAB-8AD7-6624C4A1FE81.jpeg
    2E248461-6058-4BAB-8AD7-6624C4A1FE81.jpeg
    321.3 KB · Views: 30
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back