The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 2gNT Eclipse GS 4G63T swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttravis88t

Proven Member
Jul 25, 2021
Jacksonville, Florida
So, I’ve owned a GST for a while now but the body of the car is so bad i simply don’t want to spend the time and money needed to get it into a better shape. But, I have a buddy selling his SUPER clean Eclipse GS for really cheap and it only has like 70k miles, and already has all the cosmetic and interior mods one could ask for, so, getting to the point, I want to swap my motor and trans into this GS, from anyone who has done this swap, how difficult is and is there anything I would need to fab to make it work? Considering I already have everything I need from my GST it should be a simple swap by just pulling everything over from my current car. Anyone have any input? Is there a guide for this swap anywhere on the internet?

If it's a Spyder GS you might stand a chance swapping the 4G63T doe the 4G64 but if it''s a normal US GS, swapping the 4G63T in to replace a 420A is a serious challenge. The only one I've seen that was successful amounted to replacing the front clip.

It will be a project as the gs likely has the 420a motor, motor mounts are different and such. So it will take some fabbing. I'm not too familiar on which NA yrs and models came with the mitsu 2.4 motor. If its the 2.4 it will be a simple swap everything over affair...

If it's a Spyder GS you might stand a chance swapping the 4G63T doe the 4G64 but if it''s a normal US GS, swapping the 4G63T in to replace a 420A is a serious challenge. The only one I've seen that was successful amounted to replacing the front clip.
Yeah sorry for not being specific. It is a U.S. GS coupe (not a spyder) with the 420a

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back