The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

4g63t build need info .....asap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91gvr4gsr

Banned Member
Jan 11, 2009
new york, New_York
im building my motor...... 2g pistons in my 91 6bolt turbo motor the only problem is the only guide i can find for the clearences and specs is the 1 below and it says its a manuel for a 1992 car and that year 4g63 would have a 7 bolt...... are the 7 bolts piston to wall clearence , bearing clearence ,and torque specs the same as the 6 bolt motor???

http://www.ecanfix.com/users/manualc...63overhaul.pdf :hellyeah:

The torque and clearance specs are all depending on what kind of pistons and rods you use.

All manufactures of pistons have a specific piston to cylinder wall clearance that they would like you to meet with your build. Also, your piston ring gaps are up to your choice as long as its within the tolerances that are allowable.

As for the rods, most likely the rods you use will have ARP hardware on them. This meaning that your torque spec's will be different as the ARP's have different torque specs that need to be met.

As for oil clearances on the rods, everything should be the same.

If you don't already have one, and are planning to do a build, make sure you get at least some kind of service manual. Preferably a Mitsubishi one!

I took the motor out of my 92 and it is for sale in the classifieds, I went back in with a 90 block.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back