The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

4g63girl's E85 Auto 99 GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4G63 girl

Supporting Vendor
Apr 22, 2006
Rochester, New_York
I've had alot of people interested in this set up and I finally found time to get it posted.

So, yes, the car is tuned on E85. It is running our STM Tank to Rail, and FPR Return Kits with the ProClassic Hose. I've got a little over 1000 miles on this set up. It's got the FP Race manifold and an Evo III 16G.

As you can see, there is no intercooler, no side mount- Nothing!

Emery at STM set it up with an AEM Water Injection Kit and we started off spraying meth, but then switched to water.

We added a Koyo radiator and FAL fan to help keep it cooler.

And the Road Surge Auto Shift Kit is absolutely necessary! Without it, full throttle, the car will just pap off the rev limiter- it doesn't shift fast enough without it. but WITH it... it's INSTANT! It's a little rough, but it's not hurting anything. I love it!

Emery has it tuned on DSM Link V2 and I see about 26-23 psi as it falls down. The turbo is just a little guy, so I don't expect too much more.

After all was said and done, we saw 100 more awhp over the previous set up (which was basically only a cat-back and Hallman) and the car runs and drives BEAUTIFULLY!

I couldn't be happier and it's only $20 to fill the tank. I've been watching the coolant temps and intake temps and they are all normal, the intake temps are about ambient. He made a carbonfiber shield/air duct right above the STM Transmission Oil Cooler to split the air so the air filter does not get all the hot air off the cooler and help direct it to the engine compartment.

Emery is still thinking of possibly spraying Nitrous to get the intake temps WAY down and help on the launch, but the car drives amazing! I honestly don't want a monster for a car. I like to DRIVE it. So we'll see what we do. But for now... Here she is:

4g63girl_june_09_5.jpg

4g63girl_june_09_3.jpg

4g63girl_june_09_6.jpg

4g63girl_june_09_2.jpg

july_09_reflection.jpg

july_09_dyno.jpg

july_09_engine.jpg

july_09_manifold.jpg

july_09_turbo_piping.jpg

july_09_engine_side.jpg

july_09_shift_kit.jpg

As of July 8th 2009:

E85
Evo III 16G
FP Race Manifold
AEM Water Injection
Comp Cams 272/272
ARP Head Studs
Supertech Valve Stem Seals
HKS SSQV Valve
JMF Black Anodized Small Battery Kit
Fluidampr Pulley
Gates Accessory Belt
HKS Timing Belt
DSM Link V2 Tuned by Emery
Evo Oil Cap
NGK Wires
NGK Plugs
STM Intake / Piping
K&N Filter
Hallman Boost Controller
HKS Carbon-TI cat-back / Modified to full 3"
STM Test Pipe
STM Down Pipe
Punishment Racing o2 Housing w/ Dump

STM Return Kit
FIC 1050 injectors
Walbro 255 & Install Kit
STM Tank to Rail Kit

Road Surge Shift Kit
STM Auto Transmission Cooler Kit
Redline Fluid

Enkei RPF01 17"
Toyo T1-R
TOKICO Illumina Shock/Strut
Muteki Nuts
DBA Rotors (Front)
Hawk Pads

Samco Purple Radiator Hoses
170 deg thermostat & gasket
Koyo Radiator
FAL Fan
KOYO Cap

Gauge Cluster Pod
Prosport Boost Gauge
Prosport Oil Gauge
STM Oil PSI Gauge Install Kit (at head)

STM Radiator Brackets
STM Smoked markers
Zaklee Cover
TCC Powdercoated Valve Cover
STM Valve Cover Plate (Black)
Evo VIII floor mats
Panasonic/Screen/Navigation
Fosgate Amp/Sub
Sirius Radio
4G63GIRL Plates
Chrome Mitsubishi Badge
PIAA Wipers
PIAA Head Lights (high/low)

Oh, and here's a video of the car on our dyno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeF2...x_shawna/4g63girl.htm&feature=player_embedded

where do u get e85?

I appreciate the write up. Makes me wish I lived closer to New York. This is exactly the setup that I want. It seems to be the most reliable setup you can get. What were the Dyno numbers? I didn't see any in your profile.

d

props to you! nothing is cooler than girls in the scene that have awesome cars...my wife is dying for her peakboost 35r kit for her
rsx-s...cant wait to see more from this car...
-wes

Very different. Very nice!

No IC gives such a nice clean and uncluttered look. Plus it about elimates chance for boost leaks. I like it! :thumb:

So what is the # at the wheels? Also, my dd is an auto 96 TSi awd (completely stock). It feels faster at about 1/2 throttle and letting it short shift than if it was wot shifting at redline. Partly due to the t25, but I'd like to drive a car with the shift kit to see how I like it.

-Erik

PS. Can you make me a modified J pipe? On the GSX I've clocked my e3 16g so the compressor outlet is pointing down. I need a short outlet pipe to go into my fmic pipe. That would probably be a good seller too, no other vendor is offering anything as far as I know.

The car saw 250 tq and 250 hp. It's a little faster on the highway than a lightly modded STi and he just ran a 13.0, so if I saw a 12.9 I'd be happy.

The car could be faster, we could push it more tuning-wise, take out the subwoofer, spare tire, leather all that crap, but honestly, I just don't care to.

250 on a mustang dyno through an auto/stock motor/130k+ car that I drive every single day is more than enough for a fun, reliable, daily driver.

And I'm happy. It's good to know I have the fuel/tuning software ready to go, so if I needed to go "faster" all she needs is a 50 trim.

-Shawna

We are in Rochester, NY and there are 2 gas stations that carry E85... just down the road from STM. How convenient.

Can you provide more detail as to how the water injection set works? I mean I know HOW it works, what I'm trying to ask is how do you know the amount of water to spray? I'm very interested in your setup. Nice car too...

That is a beautiful creation!! Grats!

On a side note, wouldn't even a stock 2G SMIC setup benefit? I don't see the harm of your IC-less setup (with the water injection and all), but it seems like there's room for it and would surely help cool that charged air more. Whats the thought process on that?

-Seth

wow absolutely beautiful car, incredibly clean mad props! keep up the awesome work!

looks cool.. but auto???? love the way your engine bay looks...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back