The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 4g63 turbo into a Euro Eclipse GS (4g63) swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattiaFTW

Proven Member
Dec 1, 2021
Ede, The Netherlands, Europe
So I'm in the middle of a 4g63t swap into a eu eclipse GS. Only thing is the 4g63t came with an auto trans. So my plan was to put the manual trans of the non turbo on the 4g63t. And use the turbo wiring harness. But the wiring harness is an automatic. What do i have to change about the harness to make it work with a manual tranny? Or should I just use the non turbo harness and make changes to that?

The non turbo ECU is EPROM.
The turbo ECU is not.

Thanks.

Original 1996 eprom ECU.
Engine that's going in is gonna be a 1998 gst with 4 plug ecu

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I thought all 2g euro eclipses came with the n/t 4g?
Also all 2g are 2ga and all 1g are 1ga body styles

The 1g has a model called the gsr4 which is awd 4g63 turbo.

Is your car a 2g n/t

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2g 1996 n/t manual. And a Japan imported 4g63t with auto. And i was wondering what should be changed about the engine Harnrss to make it work with the manual transmission of my current car

Last thing I'd want to do is swap in an unknown wiring harness. I rather make whatever modifications needed to support the Turbo Engine to an existing known one.

While you may think it's easier to use the ECU that came with the turbo engine, it not clear that's the case without knowing exactly what it is and how you might tune it going forward. The exact pinout for it will need to be identified.

There are several threads here from people who have converted their Euro DSM's to turbo cars. I suggest reviewing them and making a list of options while you inventory your new engines configuration and condition.

It's known that the injectors are different between the NA and Turbo engines and will need to be accounted for but you should make a list of the other differences and those things that are identical like coils, power transistors, solenoids, and sensors. It's not clear if you received the MAF with the new engine or if there is a difference but all of that information is critical.

My goal here is to help move the thread forward and attract people who have first hand experience in this swap. If you're looking for a cookbook answer I'm afraid we don't have one yet.

I have a 2g 1996 n/t manual. And a Japan imported 4g63t with auto. And i was wondering what should be changed about the engine Harnrss to make it work with the manual transmission of my current car
Butttttt. I hate to crash your buzz. Id bet its an RVR motor with the tdo4 turbo. The evo besides 7 and 10 never came with an auto. As Steve said itd be best to know what ecu you have going forward. All 2g euro were 95_96 body style so there's a 50/50 chance your ecu could be a 95 which can run ecmlink pretty easily. If not, it should be able to run ecmlink after you sent the ecu to ecmlink. Post pictures of inside and outside the ecu im sure a ecu guy could tell you for sure.

Only thing different between the 2g usdm motor and the rvr motor are the injectors and turbo, possibly throttle body, but look almost identical to the usdm eclipse 4g.

3000gts or gto's as there called in Japan only came with an auto in japan not the US. Just extra knowledge I picked up, but as you can see there are differences between euro/jdm and usdm.

I'm literally not trying to bust your ballz or make you sigh and go sh**. Just trying to help

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back