The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 4g63 to z32 tranny conversion ⚠️

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matanza

Probationary Member
Jan 22, 2020
Puerto Rico, Puerto_Rico
I have a 4g63 7 bolt 2g engine and a 300zx twin turbo transmission from the 94 model z32, who can do that convention? I asked several people who make plates adapters and they don't, I am looking for recommendations from who can do that work thanks in advance

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The only company I've ever gone through for transmission adapters is Kennedy Engineered Products, but I just confirmed that they're VAG and Subaru only, so no help here.

The only company I've ever gone through for transmission adapters is Kennedy Engineered Products, but I just confirmed that they're VAG and Subaru only, so no help here.
The 300zx transmissions (z32) TWIN TURBO are very HARD, here they are mounted on engines holding 1200 horsepower with ease. so much so that they are repairing the R154 Supra for them. Due to the fact that they are stronger and the ones above are scarce, I am tired of looking for someone who can do the conversion. for 4g63 but I'm lucky. Any novelty would be of great help, you just need to paste the transmission to mount it on the dyno and see what it does,

Nice car. Sounds like a great engine/transmission combination.

We just did custom adapters for our 1UZ V8 swapped GT86 last year. Here are the steps involved in making a custom adapter:

You'll either have to have the engineering drawings of both the back of the engine and the front of the transmission, or, have each laser scanned and converted into working files.

You'll also need to know what clutch and flywheel (brand, model, everything) you intend to run so measurements can be taken off of those and used for the design.

Finally, you'll need to decide how you are going to actuate the throw out bearing -- mechanical or hydraulic -- and obtain those components so that they can be measured and accounted for as well.

Once these items and values are all scanned in, you'll need someone to draw up the adapter in a format that can be used in the manufacturing process.

If you want to PM us, we can give you some companies to talk to for the manufacturing portion of it. Our alloy adapters were around $1200 for one or $1800 for two. If you are not able to do the measurements and program work yourself, you will have to hire that done as well.

Bill Hitcher is an amazing resource for RWD 4G63 solutions! He makes a custom bell housing to adapt 4G63 to at least 5-6 different popular RWD transmissions.

However, that excludes Nissan and Mitsubishi transmissions, which use integrated bellhousings :(. I know he was considering making an adaptor for CD009 transmission, but last I heard, he decided against it.

Personally, I am using his adaptor to T5 WC transmission. It is going into my 4G63 Triumph TR7 project, which will be under 500 hp, so T5 should be enough. But I wouldn't recommend that transmission on anything over 500hp. Fortunately, Bill has much stronger transmissions options! T56 is probably the best option!

Nice car. Sounds like a great engine/transmission combination.

We just did custom adapters for our 1UZ V8 swapped GT86 last year. Here are the steps involved in making a custom adapter:

You'll either have to have the engineering drawings of both the back of the engine and the front of the transmission, or, have each laser scanned and converted into working files.

You'll also need to know what clutch and flywheel (brand, model, everything) you intend to run so measurements can be taken off of those and used for the design.

Finally, you'll need to decide how you are going to actuate the throw out bearing -- mechanical or hydraulic -- and obtain those components so that they can be measured and accounted for as well.

Once these items and values are all scanned in, you'll need someone to draw up the adapter in a format that can be used in the manufacturing process.

If you want to PM us, we can give you some companies to talk to for the manufacturing portion of it. Our alloy adapters were around $1200 for one or $1800 for two. If you are not able to do the measurements and program work yourself, you will have to hire that done as well.
If you can be so kind to verify if it can be done, I will really appreciate it, the steering wheel will be the factory one which is fwd 7 screws. Here they already made that invention but the person who made them left for the United States and does not want to make any modifications or send them to Puerto Rico. but he already made 3 4g63 jeeps with those transmissions, one of the jeeps managed to get 1023 horsepower with the oem tranny. there I realized that they are very strong. In Puerto Rico, everyone uses r154 for 4g63 with the billhincher kit, so much so that there are no more of those transmissions, they ended up with them. and oem with 700 to gum pop. that's why I want to do that conversion that I have

Bill Hitcher is an amazing resource for RWD 4G63 solutions! He makes a custom bell housing to adapt 4G63 to at least 5-6 different popular RWD transmissions.

However, that excludes Nissan and Mitsubishi transmissions, which use integrated bellhousings :(. I know he was considering making an adaptor for CD009 transmission, but last I heard, he decided against it.

Personally, I am using his adaptor to T5 WC transmission. It is going into my 4G63 Triumph TR7 project, which will be under 500 hp, so T5 should be enough. But I wouldn't recommend that transmission on anything over 500hp. Fortunately, Bill has much stronger transmissions options! T56 is probably the best option!

Your project looks super, we hope 800whp or maybe more !! I asked Mr. Billhitcher if he could make me the plate. I read it but I still do not receive a response. I am very behind with my project so I took the courage to look for recommendations. or someone who can do the work so I can end this headache,

If you can be so kind to verify if it can be done, I will really appreciate it, ...

Looking at the transmission you have, the bell housing is not detachable so it would depend on how thin someone could make an adapter plate so as not to cause clutch engagement problems.

I would say that Bill Hitcher is your best bet to getting an adapter for this application.

Looking at the transmission you have, the bell housing is not detachable so it would depend on how thin someone could make an adapter plate so as not to cause clutch engagement problems.
If the bench comes out apart, only that it is longer than the normal ones. If you put in google z32 adapter plates. athey make the adapter for other engines. I understand that no one has marketed for the 4g63 engine

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back