The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

4G63 Timing Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LxiMax

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
Hey all. Just wanted to make sure I have everything needed for my timing belt. Please chime in if I've missed anything or there are other things I should add to it.

OEM Timing Belt
OEM Tensioner
OEM Tensioner Pulley
OEM Idler Pulley
OEM Tensioner Arm
OEM Water Pump
OEM Balance Shaft Belt
OEM Balance Shaft Tensioner
Crank Pulley ( maybe? )

Hey all. Just wanted to make sure I have everything needed for my timing belt. Please chime in if I've missed anything or there are other things I should add to it.

OEM Timing Belt
OEM Tensioner
OEM Tensioner Pulley
OEM Idler Pulley
OEM Tensioner Arm
OEM Water Pump
OEM Balance Shaft Belt
OEM Balance Shaft Tensioner
Crank Pulley ( maybe? )

You will not need a crank pulley unless there is something wrong with yours. Also why do you not just do a balance shaft elimination kit?

The reason I haven't looked into the elimination kit is because I've read that others have had issues with higher oil pressure from eliminating it.

Dont you have to pull the motor out to do that? Or hack the shaft up to get it out?
Im about to do a tbelt job on my new dsm also and it still has balance shafts also.

^ That is true, however you can fix that easily by porting the oil relief valve, or get a spring from the Hyundai 6 bolt (came from the factory without balance shafts).

I did my BSD on my 97 GST with the motor still in the car. Hardest part was putting in the bearing for the front bs the rear one that is. Good Luck.

I've pretty much decided against the BSE Kit for the sheer reason that I don't drive my cars hard like I used to. ( Only owned this one for about 6 months and put maybe 1,300 miles on it. ) I have a spirited back-road ride every now and then but who doesn't? And I really don't plan on modding this one balls to the wall either. I'll be more then happy w/ 200whp at my disposal for a DD. Oh, comments still welcome if I should be replacing anything else while I'm in there. :)

Indeed. Not too bad price-wise imo, only $315 from ExtremePSI minus the water pump and BS Belt.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back