The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

4g63t swapped eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A little update I installed a new knock sensor and my boost issues went away. I now have 176 miles on the build and I couldn't be happier. I have a huge smile everytime I make a pull. I put the 14b turbo back on and it feels great.

20220521_192059.jpg

16531789887705337108430552718032.jpg

Thank you very much. Everyone's kind words mean alot to me. Without the motivation I never would have finished it. If anyone ever wants to do the job here's proof on how much work it really is. I'm no professional either I do not do body work or weld for a living. I just love to learn new things and challenge myself.

I am deciding not to do alot of body work this summer just so I can enjoy the car. Once winter hits that's when the magic will begin. I'll just do upgrades and stay on maintenance. I'm at 270 miles and zero problems so far.

So where do I begin on this one. I'm definitely not perfect and I've made plenty of mistakes. Last night I was reading up on eliminating the balance shafts since that's what I've already done. I've never heard or seen different stub shafts for the kits. Well of course mine was the ebay one without the oiling groove go figure. Luckily I had a brand new oil pump laying around, and I'm hoping since I put assembly lube on that thing it didn't hurt the engine to bad. I saw zero metal shavings in the pan so let's just pray its good to go. I spent all last night tearing it apart and fixing it. The little stub didn't look to bad, if the engine chunks I know why.
I just drove it another 100 miles and everything is fine so far, that's not to say the bearings aren't trashed yet.

20220529_093955.jpg

20220529_093944.jpg

I’d say you probably caught it quick enough, great job continuing research even after completion. I’m impressed!
Thanks man, if it wasn't for me researching constantly, alot of things would be broke. I hope I caught it in time. I'm going to start building another engine and use all the knowledge I've gained from the forums to do so.

Thanks man, if it wasn't for me researching constantly, alot of things would be broke. I hope I caught it in time. I'm going to start building another engine and use all the knowledge I've gained from the forums to do so.
2.4 block would be ideal due to the torque

I would just run the car the way it is for the summer. Then I’m the winter so the body and paint. Looks good and those afc where the best budget in the past. Great set up

Thanks for all the kind words I'm going to wait until winter. I just dont like the look of the different colors and what not.
Some call it patina🥸 up here in the Tri state, as long as the fitted(baseball cap) matches the kicks (air force ones) your good.

It's been at least a month since I've driven this poor thing but I can't stand the different colors. I'm test fitting for the 2gb conversion since I have all the parts, the wing is already mounted. It needs tires pretty bad too so why not do body work while I save up.

20220720_221946.jpg

20220720_214329.jpg

Sorry if I missed it, what color you going with?
I wasn't sure on color until the nostalgia kicked in. Im going with white, which was the color of my 96 eclipse I had in high-school.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back