The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

4g63t swapped eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was trying to figure out all day what was causing my brake pedal engaging the starter. I doubt any one will ever have to go through this unless there's a short somewhere. I don't know what was different, but I saved myself hours of removing my harness in the car. I found a green wire that a cut behind the radio and my brakes worked normal and my starter functioned normal. I don't know if it was the year differences or the swapped engines. I'm just glad that I didn't get to far because those clips were breaking. I got the dash right back in last night and all is normal.

20220303_191953.jpg

20220303_184234.jpg

Last edited:
Took a couple pictures test fitting my bumper. The passenger side is all tweaked so the headlight sits funky. I'm kind of all over the place with this build. I start messing with the exhaust and end up fiddling around with the hatch or interior. I still have way to much to do, it's tough to focus on one thing.

20220307_213514.jpg

20220307_213506.jpg

20220306_150443.jpg

Incredible progress and awesome build. Major props. It’ll be well worth the effort when all is said and done! Keep plodding on!
Thank you! Everyone's support means alot. Progress on the car has really slowed down. I'm just trying to make it as legit as I can.

I finally have a video of it running. The idle is a little high. I don't have the alternator or my gauges hooked up yet. That's next on the list. The tps also has to be dialed in I forgot to mention that thing was replaced.

Last edited:
It's been awhile but the swap is 100 percent complete. It runs but I'll have to sort out the idle surge it currently has. It has no leaks and everything is factory setup so it shouldn't be to hard to diagnose.

20220509_195208.jpg

If their wide enough slam some slicks on them. Unless your not racing then rotary tool polish them out

Yeah I wasn't planning on racing it right now anyways. I want to enjoy the summer with it since it's been 2 long years. I'm definitely going to polish them up and get some new tires on, I like the white letter to so I'm going to try to find a set.

Firestone or Cooper might be the best bet for lettering. I’ve used westlake branded tire from either Amazon or Mavis and their pretty good for the price

Well the shake down runs were successful tonight. I will now have to figure out my weird boost situation. I also have a weird 1st gear grind and the transmission developed a nice leak. I think before I dive into the trans I'll get it running and driving perfect first.

20220509_201721.jpg

20220510_111655.jpg

I've been taking it easy on the car but I finally have over 100 miles on the build. The more I drive it the better things seem to get. I also got my exhaust all hooked up and it sounds great. Next up is body work and paint.

20220517_194008.jpg

20220517_194839.jpg

Gotta say man, you’re an inspiration. You have no idea how long we have had to endure 420a guys asking how hard it would be to 4G63 swap their cars. And here you are, busting it out in like 30 minutes. LOL.

Legit though all jokes aside an inspiration. You kicked ass here and I feel bad about myself for not having my talons engine out yet. LOL.

Thanks man that means alot. I know what I was getting myself into when I started, and you were right it was well worth it. I couldn't be happier with it. I'm glad I documented it all. I'm also glad everyone was really supportive, I think that's what really kept me going.

I would agree. You did it!
For those that follow....would you do it again?
There were some long nights. If I didn't have a complete doner car, I wouldn't have touched this project to be honest.

Good job man! Seems like you completed this pretty fast for someone doing this at home and it doesn’t look hacked. For the first gear grind, is it when you put it in gear? Have you tried adjusting the master rod?

Good job man! Seems like you completed this pretty fast for someone doing this at home and it doesn’t look hacked. For the first gear grind, is it when you put it in gear? Have you tried adjusting the master rod?
Thank you! I'm really happy how it turned out. I'm glad I did the manual swap also it's way more fun. The first gear grind kind of went away, it shows up once in awhile. I'll try adjusting that rod, I think it's out a ways so it would reach the master.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back