The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

4g63 sounds like a diesel???? lifter problems?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joel210

Probationary Member
Feb 16, 2005
Seattle, Washington
I have a problem with my 1990 talon TSI. It honestly sounds like a diesel engine, after doing a few tests I think it is low oil pressure on the lifters? I checked compresion in the cylinders and it checked out great, took off the valve cover and checked for a collapsed lifter, but could not locate a colapsed one? It sounds like either all the intake or all the exhaust lifters are inoperitive? Is there anyway to check to see if it is the lifters, or check oil pressure, or maybe some how flush out the oil rail that feeds them incase it is clogged? Or is it a different problem? I know its not detionating because I checked the plugs and timming and both checkout ok. thanks in advance. Joel.

I had a similar sound coming from my car a few years ago. It ended up being a cracked exhaust manifold and 3 broken ex. man. studs causing a large boost leak.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back