The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

4G63 Powered Triumph TR7

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was fond of this body style when it came out. It seems they never caught on with Triumph fans, and hasn’t been recognized by collectors the way it should have been. These cars were A refreshing Spark during the malaise era. I concur on more deets and photos.

What are you using for a transmission?
WC T5 from 1980’s Mustang which is coupled to Bill Hincher’s bell housing. This isn't the best transmission, but I got a great deal for it and Bill's bell housing, so it will have to do for now.

engine 2.jpg

Last edited:
My transmission/adaptor came from a local DSMer who was going to put 4G63 into oval track modified class tube chassis. As this often happens, he decided to abandon his project after it sat around for a few years. Sadly, I see RWD projects being part out before they are done all the time :( .

There is 4G63 RWD FB group which is very active. Bill Hitcher is a big presence there.

Neat to see some progress on this. You've had this thing FOREVER. Reminds me of that yellow Durango you had too.

Neat to see some progress on this. You've had this thing FOREVER. Reminds me of that yellow Durango you had too.
Yea… I started this project in 2001… 22 years ago! But I was determined not to be one of those guys who sit on a project for years and then just part them out without completing them ;)

Yellow Durango actually came after I started this project 😂 I also owned a yellow VehiCross for a few years. I love my yellow cars!

2518B54A-E0E8-4A72-9751-A931A68A651D.jpeg

40F469DA-7836-4AE8-8209-C12C7FF1BDE7.jpeg

Nice job. Based on my own experience, you'll likely want to limit your power to under 300hp. That sounds low for DSM standards, but you'll blow the tires off of that thing without even trying. I recently "detuned" my car to keep it managable until I can squeeze a wider tire under it. 300whp in a lightweight car (mine is 2300lbs) is a blast if you have the traction.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back