The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

4g63 Model

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zufelt

Proven Member
Oct 15, 2012
Lemoore, California
Im lookin for the 3d Model of the 4g63 so I can pull it apart and actually see what is what.. Perhaps it was the car itself but I remember seeing this not to long ago. I thought it was on vfaq but I can't seem to find it, can anyone point me to the right direction/thread?:hellyeah:

look on craigslist or something, i have found complete engines for less than 300 bucks man. That is the best way to learn, buy a nice manual and take it apart then put it back together. and READ every thing you can get your hands on.

nothing is magical about any engine. its just nuts and bolts.

look on craigslist or something, i have found complete engines for less than 300 bucks man. That is the best way to learn, buy a nice manual and take it apart then put it back together. and READ every thing you can get your hands on.

nothing is magical about any engine. its just nuts and bolts.

I'm not purchasing one, a 3D Model.

still not exactly what you need, but they do give a decent amount of diagrams pertaining to the stuff youre looking for:
1g manuals: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/fre...tions/344490-download-1g-service-manuals.html
2g manuals: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/fre...stions/324090-download-2g-service-manual.html

i did do some fairly in depth searching of for 3d 4g63 models, but i didn't really find anything useful. most were just images or renderings. even went to the second page of google. :D Im sure they exist but are owned by manufactures that aren't handing them out for free ;)

"3D Warehouse" for Sketchup has few pretty good 3D models of both 1G and 2G DSMs. They are free to use for non-commercial projects, although they are just shells (no engine/interior). As far as just engine, found only one, and even that one was more of a mock-up, nowhere close to mechanically accurate.

What exactly are you looking for? Trying to learn how engines function?

"3D Warehouse" for Sketchup has few pretty good 3D models of both 1G and 2G DSMs. They are free to use for non-commercial projects, although they are just shells (no engine/interior). As far as just engine, found only one, and even that one was more of a mock-up, nowhere close to mechanically accurate.

What exactly are you looking for? Trying to learn how engines function?

Yeah just strictly for learning, I'm more of a visual person. I remember a site that allowed you to go through the engine bay of a dsm though. It allowed you to pick a section and click on harnesses etc.

Being that it is an extremely large undertaking to do this for any engine

This is an understatement! I started doing the 4g63 engine years ago when I was in college in solidworks, back in 2006. I got a very detailed set of rods and pistons. My enthusiasm sank like the Titanic after that. Then when I went back to college a few years ago and did the valve drain (minus the head casting) in Pro/E (which is a horrible program IMHO). and as soon as I finished that, I said screw it. It's waaayy to much work. And getting and accurate sort of measurements of the castings is next to impossible(block and head specifically). If someone had a 3D scanner it would make things a bit easier.

Start with a good tool set, then go to a U pull it, they have plenty of 3d models. Only way to learn it. If you are not willing to get your hands dirty then you shouldn't be doing this.

I never said I didn't wanna get my hands dirty, just want to learn about it brotha and I don't have any cash to drop on a motor to learn (would be nice). Ido agree though that's how I went about learning about the transmission, labeling and unbolting.:hellyeah:

Also, there aren't many 4gs (with motor attached) here, reguardless I'm a broke student anyways. Thanks for the 3D models guys perhaps I'll watch a few engine builds see what's brain can gather.

This is an understatement! I started doing the 4g63 engine years ago when I was in college in solidworks, back in 2006. I got a very detailed set of rods and pistons. My enthusiasm sank like the Titanic after that. Then when I went back to college a few years ago and did the valve drain (minus the head casting) in Pro/E (which is a horrible program IMHO). and as soon as I finished that, I said screw it. It's waaayy to much work. And getting and accurate sort of measurements of the castings is next to impossible(block and head specifically).

Heh. It's funny you say all this because that's about where I stopped as well. If I had enormous amounts of free time and a license for a CAD program, I would love to take this on. Like you said, it's the measurements that must be done by hand once, twice, and sometimes 10 times that ends up as the time consuming and PITA part of it all.

Here's my OEM turbo 6-bolt piston and connecting rod assembly. :D

Attachments

• PistonRodAssy_SW.jpg
    PistonRodAssy_SW.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 93
  • PistonRodAssy2_SW.jpg
    PistonRodAssy2_SW.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 83
  • PistonRodAssy3_SW.jpg
    PistonRodAssy3_SW.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 79
  • PistonRodAssy4_SW.jpg
    PistonRodAssy4_SW.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 80
  • PistonRodAssy5_SW.jpg
    PistonRodAssy5_SW.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back