The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

4g63 in other cars?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the only RWD transmission options for a narrow block(DSM) 4g63 are

MM/D50 2.0 automatic AKA baby 904/torqueflight
or make an adapter plate to bolt to a better transmission... T56, th350/400, 727, t5, etc

wide block you can use:
any MM/D50 2.4/2.6 or any manual 2.0... 3.0(6g72) i am unsure about
RX7 transmission with b2600 bell housing
starquest
and again the adapter route, there's a guy that sells TH350/400 to wide block adapters and i believe he also sells a custom bell housing for a RX7 trans(maybe for narrow block?)

a 4g63 Z would be bad#ss... 200Z.

Thanks this is very helpful! I should also mention I won't be doing this on my own and will be using plenty of professional assistance.

Have you guys seen this spitfire?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Check this site out. :: Project Zero G ::

Using a Mighty Max transmission is a little more involved than you might think, and you may discover that one of the other options is more viable.

Thanks a ton! I think this site will be extremely helpful!

All three of those were at the shootout last year. The RX7 ran low 8's until it suffered a fuel leak. The corolla was pretty quick too. The dune-buggy was just awesome!! Also, there was a Chrysler Sebring with an AWD 4g63t swap in it, ran low 12's if I remember. Same setup as an Avenger.

I think I have pics of all of them, will have to check

The RX7 you are referring to is the MAP FDSM. Its not an FC like the previous poster you quoted, mentioned.

I would love to find a clean 93-95 mirage coupe and 4g63 awd swap it. Believe they are around 2100lbs from the factory, obviously some weight will be added from awd, but a 400hp car that light would be a blast :hellyeah:

Anything can work as long as you have someone who can weld/fabricate :)

Here are some pics I have saved on my PC of a 4g63T AWD swap into an Avenger. I have owned an avenger before and always thought it would be cool to do. Then I lost interest in the avenger body style all together. There was also a 4g63T in a Sebring at the shootout last year.

Attachments

• 4g63venge3.png
    4g63venge3.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 389
  • 4g63venge1.png
    4g63venge1.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 408
  • 4g63venge2.png
    4g63venge2.png
    66.7 KB · Views: 396
I'm doing one, it will be a couple of years before its done check out my photos maybe it will help

Theres an s2000 witha 4g63 im going to provide the link for you, also a friend of mines has an AE86 with a 4g63 runing low 7s im sure its on the tooyota forums..

budget build s2k drag car : ) - Page 8 - Honda-Tech

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• b33b3152.jpg
    b33b3152.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 9d121336.jpg
    9d121336.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Picture557.jpg
    Picture557.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited by a moderator:
E30 BMW
240z
1st Gen Celica
Crossfire (Know this guy personally even gave him some spare parts)

all come to mind off the top of my head. Of course there are also a few colt and mirage swaps. Mirages are popular because you can also dress it up exaclty as an evo 1-3.

that s2k is sick!

its weird to see cars like that not use the Evo 4g63...i have seen quite a few transplants using that model.

my buddy is dropping a 6 bolt with an is300 rwd tranny into his legacy. he just needs to finish building the motor.

Honda CRX

totally gonna swap a 4g w/awd into a 2004 focus zx3. Talk about sleeper!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back