The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

4G63 going 6.50's at 200+

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extremepsi

Supporting Vendor
Oct 18, 2002
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Extreme PSI is proud to be a part of this project over the last 5 years. The 4G63 dragster team has put together a new video with just a couple of their runs from 2013.

The team has run consistent 6.60's at over 200 MPH all season long now. They are out running every NHRA Lucas Oil and Mello Yellow Division 1 event so this car gets run frequently.

The car has a new look this year sporting the Extreme PSI logo prominently on the side.

Here is the new video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUZj50z3Gc0]turbo4 4G63 Dragster - 6.57 at 205 - YouTube[/ame]

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Like our page on Facebook for regular updates from the team!

Here is some more information on the car from our web site.

Certainly is very impressive. Congrats to everyone involved...hope you're not done pushing the limits!

The team is definitely continuing to push the limits of the hardware and engine platform. One major restriction is that their class has a maximum turbo size of 76mm and they're certainly pushing the limits of a 76mm inducer.

Step out of class and school the others on the 4g power. :thumb:

I am glad Urban brought that up.

The new 4 cylinder record is 6.41 by a Ecotec powered rail dragster.

And the ecotec record of 6.46 by 2/3 chassis car (don't quote me on that)

That sucks knowing Brent's record was literally smashed, with DSMs still at 6.97. I didn't even see one thread on tuners addressing this. It makes me sick, the 4g63 had huge bragging rights for being the worlds fastest 4 cylinder.

I am very glad You guys are going that quick but I would love for it to be a chassis car and not rail.

Damn Nice! I will own a 4g63 the rest of my life.

That sucks knowing Brent's record was literally smashed, with DSMs still at 6.97. I didn't even see one thread on tuners addressing this. It makes me sick, the 4g63 had huge bragging rights for being the worlds fastest 4 cylinder.

I am very glad You guys are going that quick but I would love for it to be a chassis car and not rail.

Plus motha fckin one!

Records were made to be broken. If Brent hadn't been restricted in turbo size, and if he hadn't sold off the car. The 4g63 would still hold the record or at least be very close.

Thanks for sharing stuff on the dragster though! I love that little thing.

What's up with the 2G chassis car that a guy named Rick i believe built has that been able to make any good passes?

I love what the 4G63 dragster team is doing taking it to the mainstream keep up the good work!!!

Now go get that record back...........:)

Let me clear up a couple of things for you:

Carl Brunet went 6.44 with the Ecotec, which is the World's Quickest 4 cylinder door car. That car is an ex-Mike Edwards Pro Stock car, which is full tube chassis.

Brent went 6.83@202 before he stopped campaigning the car. He sold it to Tony Rigoli Performance in Australia and they went 6.90@200 just today with Domenic driving. You won't see any threads on here regarding what we do with rear wheel drive much, because not too many people care about anything on here unless its all wheel drive....or Kiggly.

Records were made to be broken. If Brent hadn't been restricted in turbo size, and if he hadn't sold off the car. The 4g63 would still hold the record or at least be very close.

Thanks for sharing stuff on the dragster though! I love that little thing.

When Brent stopped running the car he wasn't restricted in turbo size. Trying to run 6.4's with anything 4 cylinder that isn't super developed like the Ecotec is going to be a tough challenge.

Let me clear up a couple of things for you:

Carl Brunet went 6.44 with the Ecotec, which is the World's Quickest 4 cylinder door car. That car is an ex-Mike Edwards Pro Stock car, which is full tube chassis.

Brent went 6.83@202 before he stopped campaigning the car. He sold it to Tony Rigoli Performance in Australia and they went 6.90@200 just today with Domenic driving. You won't see any threads on here regarding what we do with rear wheel drive much, because not too many people care about anything on here unless its all wheel drive....or Kiggly.

When Brent stopped running the car he wasn't restricted in turbo size. Trying to run 6.4's with anything 4 cylinder that isn't super developed like the Ecotec is going to be a tough challenge.

Thanks for clearing some of that up. I never implied that it was easy! Last I had read was that the class he was in restricted turbo size, I was not aware that he had left that class and prior to selling the car. Although people may not care as much since it's so far removed from what they can do with their cars there is still a lot of interest, please share when you can.

Thanks for clearing some of that up. I never implied that it was easy! Last I had read was that the class he was in restricted turbo size, I was not aware that he had left that class and prior to selling the car. Although people may not care as much since it's so far removed from what they can do with their cars there is still a lot of interest, please share when you can.

It hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet, but Tony owns the I/Dragster record in NHRA Competition Eliminator. He grabbed the record last year and it has not really been challenged yet. There are a whole lot of us out here with 4G63 rwd's, it's just that none of us post on Tuners really. I come on here and chime in when something comes up worth writing about. Obviously, the place to see a large collection of 4G63's awd/fwd/rwd is going to be the World Cup Finals in November. We try to get as many 4G63 powered cars there as we can. No class for dragsters, though.....We still may get to see some personal records broken for some of us!

What's up with the 2G chassis car that a guy named Rick i believe built has that been able to make any good passes?

I love what the 4G63 dragster team is doing taking it to the mainstream keep up the good work!!!

Now go get that record back...........:)

The guy with the 2G's name is Rick539 on here, but I haven't seen any posts from him in a long time. They did a couple of shakedown passes, but I haven't heard or seen anything since then.

I think Tony will take the I/Dragster to the Dutch Classic and run his first .40!

The team is definitely continuing to push the limits of the hardware and engine platform. One major restriction is that their class has a maximum turbo size of 76mm and they're certainly pushing the limits of a 76mm inducer.

I don't know what the rules are, but I'd be after a tractor pull style 3.0 turbo if they can run that. They do wild things with the map groves. On our truck we run an HX60 with a 3.0 billet wheel. With a standard wheel and cover trucks make about 1100, with the currently available map grove mods and a wheel to match, we make 1450. The turbo on the truck right now is a prototype and pushed the limit on the rules, and makes about 1600. I wanna see this thing in the 5's

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back