The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

4G63 engine from Europe

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prime85

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 13, 2009
Dania, Florida
I just got a 4G63 engine put in my GST that came from europe. It was right hand drive. I was told that there is not a right hand drive version of my car so i am guessing it had to be an evo engine? how much horsepower do you believe having this engine might add?

I'm not sure if they exist in Europe but one of the more common donor engines from the JDM market is from the Mitsubishi RVR (expo here) and the engines are sold as evo engines.

There is very little difference between 4g63t engines, there can be a small difference in the compression ratio and cams but the difference is minimal enough that JDM or EDM engines are not (or shouldn't be) sought after since they produce approximately the same horsepower with the same mods.

Did your motor come with a throttle body? If so which side of the throttle body was the throttle cable on? the firewall side or the motor side?

Pictures of the intake manifold, throttle body, and turbo would be helpful in identifying your engine.

I just got a 4G63 engine put in my GST that came from Europe.
Holy crap, that was the long way around.
It was right hand drive.
So, it came from England, not "Europe".
You'll be "told" a lot of things. Don't believe any of them.
that there is not a right hand drive version of my car
No, there were no RHD DSMs. They were all built in Illinois.
so i am guessing it had to be an evo engine?
You could read the numbers off it and stop guessing.
how much horsepower do you believe having this engine might add?
Having an engine always adds 200 horsepower.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back