The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

4G63 Doesn't Start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kilmore

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 24, 2010
Bronx, New_York
As I was driving on the highway after a race meet in my area, my car suddenly turned off. I pulled over to the emergency lane and it wouldn't turn back on. The only thing that worked was my headlights and hazard lights. The windows wouldn't go up, radio didn't turn on, wipers didn't work, none of my gauges were on.

I would turn the key and it wouldn't even make a single noise. Verdict, towed to a friends house. Has anyone had this problem before? Could it be my starter?

The starter wouldn't make a car suddenly die and wouldn't affect the functions of your windows or radio. The starter is just that, it is there to start the car and that is it.

If your headlights work, start checking fuses as GSX said.

U got a short my friend it happen to me my 97 gst check your alternador wiring if is not touching that do it and check in the main fuse box engine bay area for a 30amp is i think next to the radiador fuse too check if it still good if goes out i would do that to ## gauges is weird but has happen to me twice with my old gst and my gsx but it was because of the abs relay was bad

Thanks. I'll check it out soon as I get a chance

yea i really couldnt check the big fuses too well, lacking light source... but def like i said it sounded more like a fuse issue because there werent any clicking or anything.. at first i thought is was th starter because there wasnt any cranking or sounds at all but once we noticed the windows werent going up.. i figured it was a fuse.. Yo P im out of work at 10 so ill see what we can do...

yea i really couldnt check the big fuses too well, lacking light source... but def like i said it sounded more like a fuse issue because there werent any clicking or anything.. at first i thought is was th starter because there wasnt any cranking or sounds at all but once we noticed the windows werent going up.. i figured it was a fuse.. Yo P im out of work at 10 so ill see what we can do...

Alright. I'm jumping out of here around 945ish to catch that Metro North in the mean time!

Alright. I bought a few 30A fuses, each one of them blew. I used the fuses for the IGN SW MOTEUR slot and they all burnt.

Does this mean I have a short? Where would I start looking?

If this is the case, should I bring it to a mechanic. I don't know CRAP about electrical and wiring.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back