The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

4G37 Turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4g37gang

Probationary Member
May 20, 2020
St. Louis, Missouri
Okay I know this might not be the 4g37 thread or forum or whatever but those are dead and I am consulting the pros. Everyone over on the 37 forums talks about boosting and all the parts needed and how to do it. I am sitting here wondering how these 37 trannys are not one tire firing under boost. Are they welding the diff, lsd inserts? I cant get a straight answer anywhere on anything. I know some people will say its not worth it cause it wont be as fast as a 4g63 turbo but I dont want stupid fast, I just want some boost in the 37 to really bring it to life. Its a reliable daily and I just want it to pull a little harder and I am more than willing to do the project but I just thought about the differential on the f5m22 tranny and no one has mentioned it having issues with boost but as far as I know its an open diff and thats just not worth boosting. Someone with some insight please help me hahaha.

An open diff isn't a death sentence for power adding. If you're worried about handling at speed or under power, then yes it's a nice thing to have. But by no means does it mean you can't/shouldn't add power because you don't have an LSD.

I always thought a 4g37 would be cool to turbo/supercharge and do right. Nice thing is they're non-interference and dirt simple to work on (not that a 4g63/4g64 is difficult necessarily).

I say go for it.

I had a 94 Eclipse with the 37 and it was the slowest car I have ever driven... 92 BHP or about ~78 at the (one) wheel.

I think it would be awesome to see you do something with it! Good luck!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back