The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

4G Montero Builds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pointblank9957

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 12, 2012
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Hey guys! First time posting here in years, just here to toss out some ideas.
So while reading through the 4g wiki page, I noticed that the 4g64 came in Montero Sports. When I found that out, I tried looking for one of those optioned Monteros with absolutely no luck whatsoever. Doing some more digging a few years later, I found out they only come in ES 2WD 5 speed trim levels. Over about 5 years I've glanced here and there for one so I could do the ol' 4G64T bolton setups to have some fun. Obviously not a whole lot of these were sold with these options, I've come across exactly 2 4g64 equipped Monteros in my years of searching. Only 1 had a photo of the engine bay. I'm struggling to find photos even on Google.

So I'm just putting this info out there, maybe someone has a 97 Montero Sport ES 5 Speed 2WD sitting around and they want to have some fun with it LOL.

When I was 18 I worked as a service porter for a mitsubishi dealership. Someone used to bring in their manual trans montero with 260k miles often and it was in great condition. I loved that thing and have wanted one since.

First I've heard that they came with a 4g64 though! Now I really want one!

I haven't seen a Montero on the road in quite a while. I'd imagine they're pretty rare. Hopefully those that have them are enjoying them.
we have an 02 Sport v6 that's pretty clean, but i agree they're not too common anymore

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back