The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

490/2000

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

After a long time of dabbling in Hondas I decided to get back into dsms. Originally getting back started with a Belize green shell that was a mismatch of all types of parts. Gsx door cards and dash a box of parts that were removed and an engine and transmission I had no confidence in being anything more than junk. So I started collecting parts to bring it back to life and then a friend of mine said he was debating on letting one of his galants go up for sale. In comes the dilemma do I keep both or sell the shell and get 490. Well the shell was sold and I grabbed 490. I had my turbo civic still and was debating on making the vr4 my daily . Then came the thoughts of selling it and the civic to grab an evo . Well the civic is sold and now the building of my “daily” has started

IMG_2021.jpeg

IMG_2623.jpeg

IMG_0063.jpeg

The galant sat for many years and was mostly stock but had upgrades to the head, rc650cc injectors, exhaust and Lots of suspension upgrades as well as a v3. The car cold started and idled like crap, the downpipe somehow changed angles of the flange from trying to be repaired and the smell of rodent piss would burn your eyes. So gave the car a wash and started ripping out the interior to start disinfecting and cleaning

IMG_0699.jpeg

IMG_0702.jpeg

IMG_0701.jpeg

IMG_0704.jpeg

The car was missing some minor things that just created eye sores for me so I sourced a spoiler and some oem fog lights.Originally I had collected a bunch of “performance” parts for the green galant because it was either missing or junk so when I got rid of it I had to make a decision on keeping 490 original as far as performance or put what I have for parts into it.The car already had a 4bolt and a poly bushings everywhere possible as well as a catback exhaust and lots of maintenance recently done so I just decided to go for it.
Installed the fp manifold and fp black
Fic 1800cc injectors
Fuel lab fpr
Flex fuel sensor
Walbro 450
Speed density kit
Ets race intercooler

Still have to install
Hks 272s
And act twin disk
Dsm 3d creations shifter bushing kit

IMG_2007.jpeg

IMG_0214.jpeg

IMG_0217.jpeg

IMG_0212.jpeg

The car was at a stand still for a little bit but finally got rolling again.
I swapped out the low z injectors for high z 2150s so there wasn’t any drivability issues. I also installed my arp L19s, hks 272 cams and cam gears and rebuilt my barely holding on shifter assembly.
After some testing for leaks i finally got the confidence that everything should be solid enough for a tune and set a date with Kenny Kline. Needless to say the car finally is drivable and able to cruise around to discover if there’s anymore mechanics issues that need to be addressed.
Will send a few logs to Kenny to have him look over and dial in the driving aspect and all that and hopefully go for some decent power soon.

IMG_2769.jpeg

IMG_2708.jpeg

IMG_2700.jpeg

IMG_2701.jpeg

IMG_2576.jpeg

71564184232__87E7D100-75AD-47A5-80B6-A1C0F71A09CF.jpeg

71564825330__7489A87C-1BDA-470E-BB14-4F1C8DDB0048.jpeg

IMG_2596.jpeg

Great job on it! The car looks great. I've always wanted a Summit White non sunroof car.

How do you like the feel of the shifter bushings? And props for keeping the stock accordion shift boot, I love that thing and everyone seems to change it out.

Awesome to see and old timer like Kenny is still in the scene.

Great job on it! The car looks great. I've always wanted a Summit White non sunroof car.

How do you like the feel of the shifter bushings? And props for keeping the stock accordion shift boot, I love that thing and everyone seems to change it out.

Awesome to see and old timer like Kenny is still in the scene.
Thank you! It’s been a much longer project than I was originally expecting but it’s almost done. I got the bushings from dsm3dcreations and everything feels amazing. I bought the complete kit as well as the trans gear selector bushing and would recommend it to anyone. I actually had to search for the original shift boot for months so I’m glad someone else appreciates it as much as me 😂

So all of a sudden the car wouldn’t rev beyond 4000 Rpms with out breaking up. Went crazy checking anything fuel related even though it was all new. Ended up having a clogged screen on one of the injectors . Knowing I shouldn’t have to take out the fuel pump again I made sure the rewire looked more professional vs “test subject”.After that problem was solved we got 90 percent done as far dialing In the tune but once we took the rev limit from 6000 to 7500 the first pull the clutch started slipping at about 6400 in 3rd gear. I had an act 2600 and an act twin disk and was unsure on what I wanted to install and ended up going with the twin disk. While I had the trans out I also put in fresh seals, put new fluid in the trans and tcase and addressed the leaking turbo return line. I’m Hoping to have it buttoned up and finish up the pump gas tune so I can get an E85 tune before the cold weather hits and the cars a nightmare to start 😂

IMG_2975.jpeg

IMG_2899.jpeg

IMG_2779.jpeg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back